Snack Ideas

Options
Hey Ya'll - Happy Friday!

I'm looking for some new snack ideas.

I usually do a variety of fruits, veggies, or a protein bar for my snack.

looking to mix things up

any ideas?!?!

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    pop tarts

ice cream
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    pop tarts

ice cream

QFT

Op, have you tried google?
  • xlovemehalwaiyzx
    Options
    i've searched a little on google and pinterest. but i thought i'd see what fellow MFP's are eating.
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% with a banana and some cinnamon
    Thomas 100calorie English Muffin, toasted with fresh ground almond butter
    1/2C Cottage Cheese mixed with a can of Tuna
    Dried cranberries and raw almonds
    Celery sticks or apple slices dipped in fresh ground almond butter
    Thomas 100 calorie English muffin, toasted with 1 oz swiss cheese, then topped with an egg and some salsa
    Carrot sticks, celery sticks or peppers dipped in hummus
    Fage 0% with some berries and dried cereal or granola
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I just had my aevening snack. It was 4 pieces of bacon... mmmmm, bacon.... :love:

Earlier today, I had a snack of carrots sticks, string cheese, and sandwich pepperoni... It sounds weird but is soooo good

Another favorite of mine is apples with turkey and sharp cheddar.... nom nom nom :love:

ETA: I also like to freeze yogurt, I get kinda sick if I eat ice cream too often for some reason, but I like the cold so I loooove to freeze the individual yogurts, they are mm-mmm
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I would say do some searches in the forums. I have seen this question asked a few times. Personally some of my staple snacks include: hummus, fruits, almonds, cashews, veggies
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    When I want a treat, I like M&M Pretzels (don't hate on me)...a single-serving is about 150 calories...(half regular M&M's)...still tasty, chocolate, and has some crunchy, salty stuff.

Rickland makes some great greek yogurt protein breakfast bars. Slim Jim snack sticks (40cals)...banana with peanut butter...

-BootJockey
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    1 oz cashews
    baby carrots
    1 really good cookie
    dark chocolate
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars or almonds are my goto snacks.
  • jillebee44
    jillebee44 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    "candied grapes"

Rinse off a good amount of grapes (a few cups worth) take them off the stems, put them in a gallon zip lock bag, while still damp sprinkle a packet of sugar free jello on them (your choice of flavor), and SHAKE the bag!!!

you can enjoy them right this way, OR you can freeze them for a "cooler" treat

LOVE THIS!!!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Marantha organic crunchy peanut or almond butter on a sourdough pretzel.
    Clementines
    Seaweed
    Berries
    Skinny cow fudge pops
    Banana with nut butter and buckwheat honey
    Lindt chocolate
    Apples
    Carrots
    Hummus
    Tazo chai with milk and stevia
    Pistachios
    I could go on and on but I need a snack now.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    i have started eating wurthers sugar free hard candy. 40 cals for 5 pieces. i spread that over the day to satisfy my sweet cravings.
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    apple slices with some 2% cheese, carrot sticks dipped in spicy salsa, greek yogurt with frozen blueberries mixed in (freezes the yogurt a little like soft serve), low fat cottage cheese with diced mango mixed in, sliced strawberries with a teaspoon of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips sprinkled on top, a lowfat graham cracker with peanut butter or cashew butter lightly spread on top and then banana slices on top of that, some vanilla greek yogurt, peaches and cinnamon in the blender (with a few ice cubes) to make a smoothie, a fat free chocolate pudding cup with a banana or strawberries, .................good lord i could go on forever. :bigsmile: i love me some snacky snacks.
  • AdriGirl
    AdriGirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I find that I am board with my usual snacks, I add in something with more flavor, a tart apple, a sharp cheese, or spicy nuts.
  • glynda66
    glynda66 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Celery and peanut butter... =)
  • ace52197
    ace52197 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like these ideas. Perfect little something to get over the hump of a craving. nice!
  • jzusluvme
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    This is my first time posting. What does hummus taste like?
  • dbm037
    dbm037 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love to snack on magic Pop from Kroger's. They are large puffed air patty's that are made and sold in Kroger by the bread. The onion flavor is so good! They give you a chip like crunch so sometimes I eat them by themselves. Today I used it in place of bread and broke some pieces off and put my tuna fish on it! They are large and each patty is 17 calories...
    Has anyone had them also??:smile:
  • Laultimacocacola
    Options
    I like banana ice cream, super healthy!
  • bevjo0412
    bevjo0412 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hummus is Garbonzo beans that are smashed and yummy. They are also called Chick peas. This is a must try.