Food diary- eating too little?

Options
According to my food diary, it looks like I'm not eating enough food, however going through my day, it doesn't feel like i'm limiting myself! I'm not sure whether I should be eating more for health purposes, but I'm actually at a healthy weight at the minute and feel like if I start upping my calories considerably every day, I may put alot of weight on.
I like to stay slim, but I also want to do it healthily and not cause my body any damage.
Also, my diary yesterday was less than it would usually be because I had an essay deadline!

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Can't give you any advice because your diary is closed.
  • Lisamariewood90
    Lisamariewood90 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh whoops, ill change that!
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So, :drinker: Whats the question?
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I do my very best to meet my BMR of 1800 calories/day but I can NEVER get that high. Some days I just eat a spoon of coconut oil to at least get to 1600. I am absolutely not limiting myself either. I would love to see how this post goes too :)
  • Lisamariewood90
    Options
    So, :drinker: Whats the question?

Sorry, it was worded in a very round-about way!
    My question is, if I am at a healthy weight but eating under my recommended calories, does this mean i'm ok to continue in this way? I don't feel hungry all the time, and if I do feel hungry, I eat!
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating?
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    What's your current height and weight?
  • Lisamariewood90
    Options
    My food diary today was around 910 calories?
  • Lisamariewood90
    Options

Current height and weight are 5'9 and 126ibs
  • misssiri
    Options
    No one is going to tell you that is ok and they shouldn't. That is absolutely too low for anyone. Period. I see why you don't want to open your diary.
  • SoozeE512
    Options

Then you should be eating 1400 calories at the very least.
  • SoozeE512
    Options

Then you should be eating 1400 calories at the very least.

That is without any exercise calories added in. If you exercise, eat those calories back.
  • Lisamariewood90
    Options
    No one is going to tell you that is ok and they shouldn't. That is absolutely too low for anyone. Period. I see why you don't want to open your diary.

I changed the setting so that it was visible...is it not?
  • botello89
    botello89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I changed the setting so that it was visible...is it not?

no it's not you have to change your diary settings to public. maybe you changed it to just friends only?
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You need more calories in you. If you don't want to eat more bulk, eat more calorie dense foods. Adding peanut butter, olive oil, or avocado to your day allows the calories to add up fast.
  • misssiri
    Options
    It's not. You are 22 and you have a long life ahead of you (assuming you start eating a healthy amount of food). Why do you want to cause yourself problems by wreaking havoc with your metabolism?

At the very least eat the 1400 the other poster suggested. If you need to know how to fill in calories, here's some ideas:

Lose anything that says low-fat on it
    eat some peanut butter
    full fat dairy
    almond butter
    avocado
    good fats like olive oil
    cheese
    bread

You can't live on 900 calories every day. It is not healthy for anyone. If you were in the hospital in a coma, the doctors would feed you more than that.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Yes, you need to eat more calories to sustain your health!

I'm sorry I can't see your diary to give you more precise advice but try some calorie and nutrient dense foods like nuts and seeds, avocados, high-cal fruits and veggies (banana, stone fruits, potatoes, winter squash) and whole grains and cook with lots of good fats (coconut, olive, walnut).

I also think you may benefit from contacting a nutritionist, to give yourself a better idea of exactly what your very fabulous body needs. :)
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    it happens to me more than i d like. im not pro ana or anything like that, i likes me food!! lol i just work a lot and dont get to eat much during the day and i dont eat after 7, 8 at the very latest but that late for me
  • Iamworthinvestingin
    Iamworthinvestingin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I can only share with you what my nutritionist said to me- I need to at least eat the daily caloric and carb requirements- however, if I exercise, and I feel good, I do not need to eat the extra intake - If you do exercise and need the extra food, your body will tell you so, listen to it- If you do not eat the recommeded calroie intake - or close to it- you run the risk of setting your body into starvation mode. I am diabetic and I am learning that I need to eat as many fruits and vegetable servings I can - get enough fiber - and I found that there is away to adjust the selections of what you show on your food report- for instance, maybe keeping track of your fiber intake is more important han the sugar intake - as you can gage that by your carb intake to a degree - it doesn't allow for natural sugars etc-

Talk to a dietician or doctor regarding your caloric daily intake- if you feel sated it could be that you are eating the right foods that satisfy - but always, seek medical advice ...
  • Lisamariewood90
    Options
    Hi, thanks everyone for your input. I'm happy at the weight I am, so was mainly worried that increasing my intake would lead me to gain weight. However I do generally stay around this weight most of the time, so hopefully with exercise I will stay the same. My aim in being here is to lose fat and gain muscle, so my goal is healthy, and I want to do it the healthy way!