Fell off the health "wagon"

Options
I fell off the health wagon a bit ago and I am having a hell of a time getting back at it. I was hoping someone would have some tips to get myself going again!

Thanks!

Replies

• MakingApril
    MakingApril Posts: 178
    Options
    I tend to do this alot, I normally start off just by walking, at my own pace.
    and with falling off of the health wagon, to get me started I tend to make a banana and peanut butter smoothie (healthy, yet still sweet!)
    send me a message/or add if you need any support girly, I'm here for ya!
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have fallen off in a crazy way as well....all I ate today was like 6 cookies and an apple...not good...tips...hmmm...tomorrow is a new day i suppose ans don't do it all at once...make small changes at a time! Good Luck! Add me if you would like!
  • Kaathmandu
    Kaathmandu Posts: 129
    Options
    When I'm having trouble getting back on track, I will sometimes do a fruit fast - eat nothing but fruit for a couple of days - it puts a "full stop" to the rubbish eating, and after a couple of days of fruit only, veggies and protein are looking pretty darn good!
    I also find if I pick a particular day (Monday is a good day) that gives me a couple of days to psych up, get ready, have the right food in the house and get rid of the bad stuff, it is easier to start. And if I tell friends and family that I am back on track from that day, well, then I HAVE to stay on track! :laugh:
    Good luck.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    There is NO WAGON. Please someone teach me to gif!

Sweetie. You are human, not a robot. We ALL will indulge now and then. If you continue to thing this way it will make you fail. Let yourself enjoy life along the way to the sexier new you every now and then. Being too strict is the way to failure for most people so eat some ice cream or your favourite treat whenever it fits in your calories. You will keep it off longer that way.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    stand in front of a full lenght mirror in your underwear.... happy? no? put down the cake and go work out!!!!
  • Calm_Lotus_06
    Calm_Lotus_06 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am ready to get things going and rock it as I did before! 30lbs down and 45 to go!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    As far as the crazy suggestion of just eating fruit for a few days... that sounds like a good way to kill yourself to me. Not healthy at all.

I started my weightloss journey back in 2008, trying to lose weight for my wedding. I lost about 20 pounds and loved how good I felt and how many compliments I got... I started out very strict with myself. No cake, no junk at all. Then, when I knew I could handle it (addictive personality - total binger by nature)... I would let myself have a cookie and look into healthier "sweets" like the skinny cow candy, etc. Of course, I got stuck at about 153 and couldn't lose that extra 8 lbs... i got frustrated and slowly slipped back into bad habits. Over the last couple years, i've gained it ALL BACK.

I think the best thing is just to find healthy alternatives to the food you already love (that aren't so good for you). Take a look at http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/cook-yourself-thin - they make all your favorite dishes but tell you how to substitute healthier ingredients.

Ever tried no pudge brownie mix? SOO good and only half the cals of regular brownies. For example, one of my all time favorite things to do in the summer is go to Sheetz and get the super big slushee for only .89.... I don't even WANT to know how many cals is in one of those things.... so this year I've researched lots of yummy spritzer/slushee recipes using real fruit to cool me down instead.

If you don't already, get on Pinterest - there are tons of really good recipe ideas on there. Good luck! Feel free to add me if you want someone to chat with now and then :)
  • ElizabethRaeBarnes
    ElizabethRaeBarnes Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Its a lifestyle. I would highly recommend reading Jillian Michaels-"SLIM FOR LIFE." That book explains a lot in just the first 30 pages.
    If you can afford it, Buy yourself a BodyMedia armband. It helps to accurately count your burned calories and sleep patterns. If you dont get enough sleep you aren't going to go very far with weight loss and general health.
  • Ampedette
    Ampedette Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I always like to look/read other people's success stories. They are so inspiring and it makes me want to get there myself :happy:
  • Kaathmandu
    Kaathmandu Posts: 129
    Options
    As far as the crazy suggestion of just eating fruit for a few days... that sounds like a good way to kill yourself to me. Not healthy at all ...

1. << not dead ... very healthy!
    2. Fruit is not healthy?! .... "no pudge brownie mix" is?!
    3. << 71kg lost ... that's 156+ pounds ...

What works for me may not work for you - it has taken me years to get it right for me, and I'm sharing what works for me ...
    and "healthier sweets" certainly don't work for me.

Good luck finding your way :smile:
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    As far as the crazy suggestion of just eating fruit for a few days... that sounds like a good way to kill yourself to me. Not healthy at all ...

1. << not dead ... very healthy!
    2. Fruit is not healthy?! .... "no pudge brownie mix" is?!
    3. << 71kg lost ... that's 156+ pounds ...

Fruit has little to no protein. You need protein for energy and well.... To live. Fruit is healthy but you can't live on just fruit. The brownie mix is a suggestion for someone that wants to indulge without blowing up their calories. The whole point of this is to find a way to live this way for life. Most people that "cleanse" or eat only fruit for weeks or all these fad diets don't stay healthy for life.

Good luck finding your way :smile:
  • tresschanda
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time. If you have a bad day, remember its just one day.

The next day, you just focus on eating healthy again. If you beat yourself up about it, you're going to start to feel negative about the whole experience and it gets harder and harder.