Anybody run/workout to techno/trance?

Options
2»

Replies

• Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth between DJ Steveboy's Podrunner podcast and Running to the Beats by DJ Peter Canellis. Both free through iTunes. Podrunner will offer any number of BPM mixes on his website and he has a series that has cues to match the intervals for couch25k. I got into Peter Cannelis's podcasts because I saw he had one that was a touch over 2 hours when I was first half-marathon training. Perfect for the Saturday morning LSDs.

Podrunner!!! Forgot all about that!! I know I got some of those somewhere. The BPM choices are great!
  • MandaLeigh123
    MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Let me know what you think of CLR.... saw Chris Leibing play at the Detroit Electronic Movement Festival last year and it was awesome.... he has a lot of great artists do mixes for his podcast.
  • Amberry123
    Amberry123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Any dubstep with dirty bass drops are great for intervals if you're running/sprinting or jogging/running. Great build up and then you just go full force when the bass drops :happy: Funny side affect of it though is when I listen to certain songs just walking to the store or something it make me want to run at inappropriate times lol.

Anything by Krewella or Flux Pavillion....some songs by Delta Heavy
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    Go onto Mixcrate.com!
    Its where DJ's post their mixes and they have categories for techno and trance. Plus the mixes are usually minimum 60 minutes in length so you can download like 2 mixes in under 2 minutes and you would be set for music for the next month.

Oh and anything by Vicetone!

My current obsession is:

http://www.mixcrate.com/djkaossd/summer-workout-mix-2k11-69003

It mixes hiphop with electro/House
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Oakenfold & Tiesto I like. Not too up to date on this music. Put me in a club with some booze and I'll go nutz.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Trance is pretty much all I listen to (working out or not)

Some of my favorites-

Markus Schulz
    Gareth Emery
    Above & Beyond/Oceanlab
    Tiesto
    Sander van Doorn
    Paul Van Dyk
  • CrazyWhiskers
    CrazyWhiskers Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    ^ yes. All of the above. working out or not.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this genre, but most of the songs I've found didn't work for me for some reason.
    I do, however, sometimes like to listen to songs from the tron soundtrack
    parts of the skrillex audiosurf album
    DAft punk derezzed
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    When I really don't want to work out but know I have to, I put this on and it get's me going :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF2iG3mrSbI
  • johnnygizmo
    johnnygizmo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for a lot of great suggestions! I know my playlist is about to get a lot bigger :)