???Calorie Counter watch vs Calorie counter on machines???

Options
When I am on the elliptical it always tells me I burned a certain about of calories while my Polar Watch says I burned much more. Which one is most accurate?

Replies

• fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    if you have a Polar, I'd go with that. OR, err on the conservative side and take the middle between what the machine says and what the Polar says.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    This Polar Watch- is it the kind you wear on your wrist and all that? If so, I kinda think that would be more accurate since its getting its readings from your body, and a lot of the machines have just a general idea based on weight... Keep up the good work :D
  • JJKennedy1
    JJKennedy1 Posts: 11
    Options
    Yes, it is a Polar Watch and I also wear the band around my lower chest. Thanks for the encouragement and advise. I was a bit confused.
  • jtapp9
    jtapp9 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Use the Polar. That is what it is for! It is using your Heart Rate and information about yourself that you programed into it to determine how many calories YOU specifically are burning. The machines are using general information and not heart rates to determine an estimate for anybody that climbs on it.