Sweet Tooth

Options
Hello everyone.... Now I imagine this has already been posted somewhere but I dont have time to look!

I have been doing really well at controling my sweet tooth, but lately its coming back with alot ot cravings....

Can anyony post some ideas on healthy snacks besides the obvious fruit for a craving satisfaction!!

Thanks everyone!
:)

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Fiber one bars can give me my choco/carmel/pb fix int he middle of the day and only 140-160 cals
  • wbeams
    wbeams Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I buy the 100 calorie snack packs of cookies. this helps me a lot.
  • amyslay
    amyslay Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Fat Free Milk and Sugar free chocolate surp ( mix in the blender to make it frothy) almost as good as a milk shake :)
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I stay away from these mostly, but every now and again I will want a cookie, not a healthy full of fiber and nuts cookie but an honest to goodness full of fat and flavor cookie. I eat some of those 100 calorie pack snacks. I get the real deal without breaking the bank on calories. Typically I eat the fresh fruit and the like for my sweets, but sometimes I just gotta have a chocolate cookie! I know they are processed and all and I try to stay away from processed food, but sometimes I just eat them.

Also another cool treat for dessert is this.

Cool whip and frozen fruit mixed together and frozen in the freezer for a while. Then when you want a sweet ice cream like dessert, you can take it out and put it in an ice cream cone and eat like a regular ice cream. Very tasty and low cal.
  • austinusn
    austinusn Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi - I've managed to control these cravings with things like skinny cow ice cream (though there are a lot of no sugar and fat free brands nowadays), and no sugar added cookies (murray's is one of the brands). One of my favorites is also snack-pak pudding cups (of course, no sugar added of fat-free).

one thing i've learned about cravings is in my experience, I have to indulge a little every once in a while or my body revolts against me and craves even HARDER until i cave-in :)

good luck!
  • oAngieMaeo
    oAngieMaeo Posts: 67
    Options
    Hersheys dark syrup over strawberries! 1 tbsp of the syrup is only 50 calories.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    All of these are great ideas, but sometimes just indulge! If I get cravings I usually have one of those mini reese's PB cups. Of course I don't carry them with me or keep them in my house because I would eat the whole bag if I did!
    For me, if I gave up chocolate all together, I would go crazy and end up eating so much! Little pieces can't hurt you, so enjoy!
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I also use the 100 cal packs and love the Quaker mini's with chocolate drizzle or carmel drizzle. The chocolate mint ones taste like the choc mint Girl Scout cookies ...almost.

And sometimes you just need to give in and have what it is you really like - whether that is an oreo or whatever and not deprive yourself. Have a serving and then count that serving into your daily goals. I am finding this really helps me and I don't feel like I am having to give things I like up.
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    I'm currently addicted to the jello moouse cups.. no sugar and only 60 calories.. my favorite is the dark chocolate decadence.. but some times i just cave and have the real deal sweet snack.. like my ultimate down fall!! ahhh.. but i just eat HALF of what a normal serving would be.. just enough to please my sweet tooth!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Hi - I've managed to control these cravings with things like skinny cow ice cream (though there are a lot of no sugar and fat free brands nowadays), and no sugar added cookies (murray's is one of the brands). One of my favorites is also snack-pak pudding cups (of course, no sugar added of fat-free).

one thing i've learned about cravings is in my experience, I have to indulge a little every once in a while or my body revolts against me and craves even HARDER until i cave-in :)

good luck!

Yes those new Skinny Cow Cups are awesome!
  • BonnyC
    BonnyC Posts: 5
    Options
    For me, sugar free gum. And I always make sure to leave myself enough calorie wiggle room each day to have a small dessert after dinner, like a half cup of ice cream or one of those little fun size candy bars.
  • MrsBattousai
    MrsBattousai Posts: 171
    Options
    I suck on Icebreakers candy no calrioes and it helps the sweet craving and guilt free good luck!
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Sometimes those Cherry Twizzlers Bites are good for my sugar sweet tooth crave. There are 140 calories in 17 pieces. Plus, they take a long time to eat because you need to chew them a lot.
    good luck!
  • Buppie
    Buppie Posts: 43
    Options
    100 Calorie packs (there are so many varieties now) or Sugar Fee Jell-O pudding. Some of the Skinny Cow ice creams are good too.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Get the Dove Promises dark chocolate squares

http://www.dovechocolate.com/products_promises_p1.html

Take 2 squares which are 45 calories each, melt in microwave for a few seconds.

You can dip about 6 strawberries in that amount...stick in the fridge for a few hours and wala! A delicious, 100-ish calorie decadent and satisfying dessert!!! I find eating real food instead of "diet" food definitely feels more like you're indulging!
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have been eating Genisoy bars as a meal replacement, they are 200 calories or so but if I have one for breakfast then I feel like I have had my chocolate treat and I can move on for the rest of the day!