IM FRUSTRATED

Options
IM 190 AND I WANT TO LOOSE POUNDS BUT IS TOOOO HARD TO DO IT I TRY TO EXERSICE WHEN I CAN,AND WHEN I EXERSICE I WORK OUT PRETTY GOOD ABOUT 2HOURS RUNNING WALKING BUT I DONT DO IT EVERY DAY. CANYALL HELP ME OUT.

WHAT DO YOU DO ??

1.EAT
2.EXERSICE

ECT WHEN YOU DONT HAVE TIME YOU COME HOME TIRED???

Replies

• dabean003
    dabean003 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a wii and play Just Dance when I don't feel like a "real" workout. It's fuin but still gets your body moving! Something is better than nothing!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Its not too hard when you approach it the right way, FIRST you need to get your food and calorie intake where it should be, this webpage will help with that, you HAVE to keep record of what you eat to keep yourself aware adn honest, adn then exercise when you can.
    You are right it is hard, its not easy, but nothing worth doing is going to come easy.. I have clawed and scratched and worked towards every pound I have lost..
    If you want to add me a friend I would be glad to answer any other questions or give motivation where I can
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    For me, the truth is that I don't really lose weight from working out. I know a lot of people are going to read this and say "OH NO! YOU HAVE TO WORK OUT!" But, working out is (I think) more about being healthy than losing weight. The key to losing weight (agian, for me) is EAT LESS CALORIES. I have a pretty general rule; if it has a label, don't eat it, if you have to eat something with a label, make sure it doesn't have more than 5 ingredients - and eating out will kill you.

Obviously, I don't think people can really do this all the time, but it is a good general rule to go by, especially if you are frustrated.
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I dont exercise daily either. I have two children so its hard to get out. We try to walk atleast three times a week but with it being so hot out and my daughter doesnt like walking anymore (shes 5) its hard to get out and do it. I went a few weeks with just walking to the post office a few times a day which is only 10 minutes both ways and i made sure I ate my 1200 calories and I lost one lb each weeek. Which was hard since I was doing 4 lbs a week average when walking alot more. I started off at 200 lbs so i can relate. Also I noticed if i was under my 1200 caloires but alot , i didnt lose as much weight either. I was also using my kids bathroom stool to do step ups 20 minutes a night when i watched my shows which was average 3-4 times a week. Small things will make a big difference like picking the farthest parking spot when u go out which for me is easier said then done with a two year old that weighs 36 lbs and wants to be carried thru the parking lot lol.

Anyways I would just say be consistant and dont give up. I did notice a few weeks when i didnt lose anything i lost some inches so try measuring too.
  • Sherry44
    Sherry44 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You don't have to work out for 2 hours every time. Even 20 minutes is a great help! When I don't feel like working out I tell myself to do just 5 minutes worth. Usually at the end of the 5 minutes I feel so good I keep going! Don't always wait until you're at home to exercise. Take a 20 minute walk during lunch or on one of your breaks. Keep going! You can do it!!
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    OOO and I should add that I eat anything I want as long as I track it and I am within my 1200 calories. We eat at fast food alot (not as much as we were though) and I just eat less in another meal to make for it and make better choices like getting a value menu burger instead of a big one. It saves money and calories and I found out recently to my surprise onion rings have less calories then french fries. I thought the breading would make it over hmm right.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    As others have said, there is no rule where you have to workout everyday. You could just do shorter workouts on other days. Sometimes getting up and moving is tough, but once you get up and moving, you will love it. One trick to the days when you are too tired, tell yourself you will walk/run for 15 minutes. If after 15 minutes, you are still tired and don't want to do it anymore, then stop. Generally once you get started, you won't want to stop.

As for food, you might want to plan out your meals beforehand or make things on the weekend to reheat when you don't feel like cooking. Keep some cut veggies in the fridge that you can munch on.

Don't get frustrated. Changing your diet is a tough thing for everyone and it takes time to get into these new habits.

Good luck.
  • kguadron
    kguadron Posts: 5
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERY ONE THESE REALLY HELP ME ALOT !!! I WILL START DOING A DIFFERENCE IN ME I REALLY NEED IT I WANT TO DO IT LOSE AT LEAST 10-20 POUNDS FOR MY 22 BIRTHDAY AUG 13.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Since I have kids and work full time, the only time I have to work out is in the early, early morning. I'm out the door by 5:30 and back home by 6:30. I find I really enjoy the peace and quiet at that time.

Watch what you eat. Log it and be honest.

I lose weight very slowly at the rate of 2-3 pounds a month. After a while, it all adds up.

Keep at it.
  • cubanico
    cubanico Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow! 2 hour workouts? That's a little extreme, especially when you work. I don't think I could go 2 hours back when I was hitting the gym on a regular basis, about 10 years ago. I'm not an expert, but I believe 2 20-30minutes a day of cardio will be enough to keep you active and relieve some of that frustration you're feeling. If you're anticipating a long workout, that's a sure fire way to just "skip it". Skip it once, it gets easier to skip it the second time till pretty soon you're lucky if you work out 2 hours a week.

Good idea, I think, is 30 minutes of cardio before b-fast to get your blood flowing and 30 minutes before bed to burn off some of the calories from the days meals.Wait at least an hour after your last meal, which shouldn't be too late so you don't go to bed on a full stomach, sure way to gain instead of lose, to allow for digestion. After a while increase those workouts to 45 minutes, up to an hour, but I wouldn't go longer than 45 to allow for cooling down and stretching. DON'T FORGET TO STRETCH!

Now, those 2 hour workouts you like to do, slip those in once in a while when you're in the mood. This plan now takes away the "obligation" to do those intense workouts and turns it into an option, and we all know how much easier it is to do something we are not forced or obligated to do.

Like I said, not an expert, but have been frustrated about exercising and this type of plan has helped me In the past whenever I started feeling burned out and frustrated. Hope I've helped.
    :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    You are right... it IS hard! Getting fat is the easy part... getting healthy is not so easy!

I am a mother of three children, work full time, help my hubby run a business and we are in the process of building a house... I know what you say when you struggle to find the time to work out BUT if you want to get healthy (which may include losing weight) you have to MAKE time to work out and watch your caloric intake. You are on the right track by registering to MFP but you have to commit to it and be honest with yourself. Then find a time that works for you to workout... for me it is at night. There are many nights that I just don't feel like it but I push play and within 10 minutes I am ready to workout (and then I collapse immediately following the workout). My suggestion is to make a schedule and stick to it...

I am still fat... BUT since January I have gone from Obese to Overweight and I am getting closer to "Normal" every day, so I understand... Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!