5'4, 120 lbs girls..?!

Options
for those of you around the same weight & height range, how many calories are you eating to lose, what type of exercise do you do etc etc..?

I honestly feel like if I eat 1500-2000, I gain. My TDEE is 1800. I gain weight incredibly easy i guess I screwed my metabolism.

Replies

• CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    for those of you around the same weight & height range, how many calories are you eating to lose, what type of exercise do you do etc etc..?

I honestly feel like if I eat 1500-2000, I gain. My TDEE is 1800. I gain weight incredibly easy i guess I screwed my metabolism.

I am 5'3 and 120, I used to be 5'3.5" (and 102 pounds)
    I eat 1400-1600 most days.
    We could be friends and then you can watch my diary too?:drinker: :blushing:
  • BrittneyT2
    BrittneyT2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and was 119lbs. I was eating 1200 for a while and lost weight at first but then stalled out. Increased to 1350, lost a little. Just increased to 1500 yesterday so I'll see how that goes...
  • AndreaEliz93
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I WISH I could weigh as little as you girls... My doctor doesn't want me going below 130 pounds... Not sure why though... I'm at 144 so we'll see what the next 15ish pounds brings and how I feel then. I eat about 1200 calories a day with lots of protein and 6 cups of water.
  • Hanjamlan
    Hanjamlan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I m 5' 3" 120 lbs. I eating 1350 cals and most of that is fruits veggies and lean meat. I just started eating like this so I haven't seen results. and I do Jillian Micheals DVDs AND (on the same day) go run for 30 minutes. So thats 60 minutes of working out a day. I haven't lost any weight yet because I just started but ive been doing alot of research and asking other girls with our body and the only way it seems for girls who are already small like us (really we are a perfect size already but a couple pounds lost would complete the look) to lose weight or look better and lose fat is to WORK OUT! serious working out. strength training, or high intensity cardio (sprint 1 min then slow job 2 min and repeat) or doing a workout video like Insanity. After a month of doing this Lord willing I can shed some leg fat and belly fat!
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    5 6
    1400-1600
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm now 5'3, 116 -118. Lost about 5-8 pounds, now trying to tone certain areas, keep healthy. Target weight 110-112. I'm Asian, small structure. Started out with target of 1200, went up to target 1300 but usually intake includes about half of exercise, so ranges 1400-1700 intake per day. Target calories burnt 350 per day. Doing NTC, yoga, running, elliptical.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bigger than you girls at 5'5", and I weigh in the 130s although I used to be in the 120s about 5 years ago before I got involved with weight training...

But I've always eaten between 1500-2000 calories a day to lose body fat. Less than that and I lose energy and get cranky. More than that and I stay the same weight or gain (my TDEE is 2150, approximately).
  • cdswicky
    cdswicky Posts: 43
    Options
    Hey-

I'm 5'3" and weigh in at about 117lbs. I've recently started seeing a dietician-nutritionist to help wrap my head around this whole healthy outlook on food thing. I'm trying to tone and maintain. I've had a history with anorexia, so it's a fine line for me to not get too obsessed with this MFP, but must admit, I absolutely love it!

I just changed my profile from active to lightly active, so that adjusted my daily goal of calories from 1700 down to 1580. I also do about 300-500 calories of exercise daily. (I walk about 60 minutes at work then go to the gym and do strength training/pushups/sit-ups) 2 or 3 days a week and then the other two days I devote to cardio at the gym of 30 min of jogging or elliptical.

I have my daily food % set at Carbs=55% Protein=20% and Fats=25%....this has been recommended by my dietician. In order to maintain, I eat the majority of my exercise calories back, but for a chronic calorie counter this is super hard for me to wrap my head around. I'm usually under on my daily allowance of calories and fat, but I'm usually at or exceeding my protein allowance. Obviously the more strength training I do on a specific day, I tend to pile on the protein and carbs that day.

I've recently had open heart surgery...I had a mechanical aortic valve transplant, so protein is very important for heart health. Anyway it seems like I'm porking out compared to most of the girls with our body type, but I'm just following my dietician,,,,I also think it's so important to make good food choices. Since being on MFP for about a month now, I've drastically cut out my processed sugars...I'm trying, but it's hard...I used to devour swedish fish and twizzler's.

Good luck ladies...let's aim for optimal health, fitness and happiness...Us shorter girls really need to watch what goes into our bodies...very easy to gain.

I don't know about anyone else, but my hips and thighs are my worst areas....I'm desperately trying to firm these up....
    ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Thanks and sorry for the book...guess I'm extra chatty Cathy tonight.:noway:
  • naysaetern
    naysaetern Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'3.5
    CW:117
    GW: 115

Losing about a lb/mon at 1200 cal a day. Treadmill jogging at incline of 3% 3 times a week. I'll eat my calories back on those days. Some days I eat more than my goal. I'm not big on eating breakfast (no appetite in the mornings). Eat a large amount of veggies for lunch. I make smoothies or veggie soups so I won't get tempted to use high calorie dressings. Then I eat a large dinner. I make hearty salads for dinners often using a low calorie Vietnamese style dressing. Currently, working on strength training and reducing body fat. You can add me if you want.
  • ameliameyerhoff
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4 and I'm 130, but want to be 120! The only way I can keep off/lose weight is to eat no more than 1,300 calories a day!
  • littlelouis
    littlelouis Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was 5'3, 120 lbs but now I waver around 108-111 lbs. I ate around 1,200 calories and mixed up Hip Hop Abs, 30 Day Shred and Just Dance 4. I sort of hit a plateau (I'm not really trying to lose weight anymore, but sometimes it just comes off) and I started getting really hungry so I increased my calories to around 1,300. I just saw my lowest weight for the first time, 108 lbs, today as a result of increasing. I eat back around 75% of my calories burned in exercise and I do around 55-61% carbs, and fats and proteins waver from 15-25% each.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I WISH I could weigh as little as you girls... My doctor doesn't want me going below 130 pounds... Not sure why though... I'm at 144 so we'll see what the next 15ish pounds brings and how I feel then. I eat about 1200 calories a day with lots of protein and 6 cups of water.
    I would ask your doctor why. 130 is fine but 120 is still healthy
  • brandonperron9
    Options
    The number of calories is one thing... but you MUST include proper vitamins or your metabolism will stay at shat low and just store the energy. Also make certain that you don't skimp on the on the unsaturated fats you can survive weeks without carbs but if you don't have monounsaturated fat for 4 days you will start seeing/feeling some very adverse effects. Take a little extra B vitamins particularly B-6 and 12 these boost your metabolism and assist the body in burning calories.