pcos/infertility(I am determined to conceive this year)

so I have been doing a diabetic diet for the past 2 week and walking, so far I have lost 7lbs:noway: . I'm just so happy. I actually cried when I got on the scale today. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Replies

• cindybpitts
    cindybpitts Posts: 213 Member
    What is that diet? Great job!
  • webutmirrortheworld
    webutmirrortheworld Posts: 52 Member
    :) congrats on your weight loss and good luck!!!!
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    so I have been doing a diabetic diet for the past 2 week and walking, so far I have lost 7lbs:noway: . I'm just so happy. I actually cried when I got on the scale today. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's terrific! It will probably slow down a bit after the initial big loss, but don't let that discourage you. I have PCOS as well, and plan to start trying for a 2nd child within a year. I'm not sure about the specifics of your eating plan, but I assume it's reduced sugar and carb, as that's what's usually recommended for us Cysters. :wink:
  • luvaddo
    luvaddo Posts: 13
    yes no sugar or carbs and my only choice of fruits are berries. I am only teaching myself how to eat properly. This diet works for me so I plan to stick to it.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    yes no sugar or carbs and my only choice of fruits are berries. I am only teaching myself how to eat properly. This diet works for me so I plan to stick to it.

Yeah, I eat low sugar and carb, but very high fiber.
  • pepgab
    pepgab Posts: 80 Member
    Many years ago I was told by an endocrinologist and his dietician that if I followed a diabetic diet I would be pregnant in three months and I was pregnant 2 months later. I was told:
    15 grams of carbs at breakfast
    15 morning snack
    30 at lunch
    15 afternoon snack
    15 at dinner.

Good luck!!
  • luvaddo
    thx dear.
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Congrats! Keep up the good work.
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Keep up the good work! I am running my first 5K this April with proceeds going to "Giving Birth to a Dream" - Increasing awareness and education about infertilty.. The wonderful company that is sponsoring the race made my wonderful nephew possible! Good luck in your journey!
  • cindyinnc
    cindyinnc Posts: 7 Member
    I just wanted to say good luck and I hope it happens for you! I have PCOS as well and know exactly how you feel. Bravo for your excellent start!!
  • looking for friends on here to keep my accountable as well. I suffer from infertility and PCOS, Needing the support. thanks for the add. :)
  • luvaddo
    looking for friends on here to keep my accountable as well. I suffer from infertility and PCOS, Needing the support. thanks for the add. :)

OK darling we are all here to encourage each other. So don't worry, we can go through this together I'll be ur friend
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!