The biggest I have ever been...

Options
Hi all!

When I was around 14 I weighed probably around 70kg, and then went through a period of depression/eating disorders, and lost around 20kg. This stayed off for a long time, and now i’m 25 and over the past 2 years I have managed to gain over 30kg (66 pounds) due to not eating right, stress and a few other things which have cropped up.

Over this time a lot has gone on, a lot of family issues, buying a house with my partner (including moving out of home for the first time), work stress and all the other things that come along with growing up.

So now I’m around 198 pounds (which sounds bigger than my kg equivalent :( ) and I’m fed up. My weight is causing unhappiness with me, and my partner is upset because I no longer look healthy and he can see the change in my mood.

I’m now doing 3 days of Athlean-X, and 2 days with a class run by a PT doing Cardio/HIT.

I have now cut out sugar as much as poss, as I believe this is one of my downfalls, and this time I’m for real.

There are a couple of other lovlies at my work doing the same thing as me (to a degree) so watching them improve is a great motivator.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want some mutual support :)

Any tips/recipies for a way to get some sweet treats into me without all the calories/regret/sugar would also be great, so always happy to receive those!

Ta
Em xxxx

Also - I'm in NZ :)

Replies

• chalyng
    chalyng Posts: 10
    Options
    How tall are you at 198 pounds?
    All I can say is that losing this weight takes a SERIOUS decision. No one can decide for you.
    I started 31 days ago and I have since lost 12 pounds.
    My regime is this-- no sugar (other then a little bit of honey once in a while, or fruit), no starchy carbs (potatoes, white pasta, white bread), little to no processed food (must be whole, example: an apple as opposed to sweetened applesauce), and lean meats.
    I work out 5 days per week - (mon, wed, fri- I do light cardio: basically speed walking with some aerobics mixed in, ab work, and some planking. Tues, thurs- weight pyramid training
    In the summer I'll be hiking, swimming, biking and starting to jog.
    You have to DECIDE not to eat sweets... it takes discipline but you can do it!
  • emsxoxo
    emsxoxo Posts: 12
    Options
    I am 164cms tall :)
  • emsxoxo
    Options
    Bump! surely someone else wants to welcome me! :)
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Hi and Welcome to MFP :) Im Aussie but my fathers family is based in Nelson, NZ :)

Wish you the very best with everything :)
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I love new friends that are active. Please feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have about 20 lb to lose im trying to do it eating more fruit and veg and cutting out processed foods. Plus plenty exercise once you start logging for a couple of weeks you will begin to see places in your diet where you could swap and change healthier options without starving yourself or being unhappy. Best of luck to you i have sent a friend request:smile:
  • emsxoxo
    Options
    Processed foods are the killer! Today I had a Muffin and 2x mini easter eggs, and the guilt has almost killed me! Cut my snacks down, and now salad for dinner... Eek!!!