How can I lose weight off my belly

Options
Hello, can anyone help. I am losing weight and inches all over except for my belly. Unfortunately this means my hip measurements are not decreasing very quickly so I am not able to wear a smaller size even though my trousers are gaping at the waist. I am on 1400 cals a day, doing 4500 steps and 30 mins Wii fitness coach each night. Does anyone have any good tips for losing weight off a jelly belly????

Replies

• sarski77
    sarski77 Posts: 79
    Options
    In my experience it's only a matter of time and you need to be patient. I have an apple-shape so tend to carry most of my weight on my belly... It takes longer for me to see a noticeable difference but it does come off eventually!
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    you cant lose it off one place unfortunately. all you can do is core exercises to strengthen your muscles.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    You can't choose which part of the body to lose fat from, because your body decides it for you. All you can do is keep shedding fat (weight) and eventually your body will have to take it out of your belly.
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My belly is being stubburn as well. I think the old saying "first on, last off" is what slowing me down. Keep up the fight, you'll get there!
  • CHRISTCENTERED
    CHRISTCENTERED Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You can't choose which part of the body to lose fat from, because your body decides it for you. All you can do is keep shedding fat (weight) and eventually your body will have to take it out of your belly.

That sucks!:grumble:
  • charlie00134
    charlie00134 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem with my belly and bum. I'm just focusing on doing my normal cardio with some strength work in those areas and hoping tightening the underlying muscles will help.

Good luck
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    4500 steps a day? Ummmm try at least 10,000 to begin with cause that's the recommended minimum, then double that. Ditch the Wii & get outside & do something. Or better still do some some weights, planks, running.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Lost heaps off my legs/hips/arms, but my waist is almost the same as when i started.

Its a bugger, cuz at least I was in proportion before lol.

Ahh well, its eventually going to catch up.
  • aquarius0202
    aquarius0202 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - try Zumba!!! I started in November and lost 4 inches from hips and 2 from waist:) I haven't been able to lose that much from waist in other forms of exercise.....
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - try Zumba!!! I started in November and lost 4 inches from hips and 2 from waist:) I haven't been able to lose that much from waist in other forms of exercise.....

Zumba is where I started. But it wont do much more than other exercise. It does not really focus on more than your legs really.