Uk peeps that shop at Primark - Argh

Options
Hi my name is Hayley and I love Primark (there I said it).

BUT

At the minute all my size 14 trousers are falling down and even with a belt they still look huge around the top so Im having to wear a long top so I went a bought Size 12 and there soooo tight. My muffin top looks like its been on an all inclusive holiday for a month or two. :(

Wish they made a size 13.

Anyway in the meantime am i meant to walk around with my bum out !!!!!!

Replies

• babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    This post made me smile :happy:

Why don't you buy some dresses and skirts instead? They are easier to get away with, and you could probably buy a 12 in the right fit.
  • charlie00134
    charlie00134 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Try somewhere other than Primark for your inbetween jeans. I think ASDA are larger sizes. Then you can go back to Primarni for the next size
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I don't shop at Primark but I've heard there clothes can vary a lot on size, so even two pairs of jeans labelled as size 12 would be slightly different.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I went to Primark a few weeks ago. My 18's are too big, but the 16's were too tight. Although they didn't have many styles to choose from and most were low waist which at my age and with my rather ample bottom just don't work very well. I'm thinking about going to a charity shop and looking for some so I don't have to shell out a ton of money for new clothes when I don't intend on staying that size for long.

I love primark too:blushing: Although my daughter is doing a whole thing on sweatshops in her geography class and gave me an earful about the evils of Primark.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    They have raised the prices, so I'm assuming the factory works are getting a fairer shake now.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I used to work in Primark - never again! I haven't bought a lot of things from there, just basic leggings and vests, but I even find the vest tops vary in sizes; mine are all between sizes 8-12 lol

I think Asda do in between sizes, but I could be wrong.

New Look is where I pretty much shop now. Their clothes seems to fit me well
  • getfitcharles
    Options
    Yeah there's a lot of variation, even in the mens' sizes. I always have to try trousers on in about three sizes, and even different styles that fit me exactly the same can call themselves different sizes. Frustrating.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Excuse my (lack of) fashion knowledge, but you can go to that other store called Peacocks. It helped me out when I couldn't afford all that designer crap that I thought would make me popular at school... Just wear what you like and f what other think.

http://www.peacocks.co.uk/
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I don't think Primarni have the exlusive rights to this problem, I got a lovely dress from Dorothy Perkins in my usual size and I couldn't get the bugger fastened!! Even within a shop you can be 2 or 3 different sizes these days and they wonder why women are paranoid about their weight/size!!
  • Fatbirdtalking
    Options
    Primark for jumpers and tops are great but I usually find but their trousers vary so much it's crazy. It could also be that your shape has changed. For me the only place for jeans and trousers is New Look, they have a great fit but my mate swears by Next, so best thing to do is look around for a shop that suits your body shape better.
  • Sarahhewitt100
    Options
    Hi, I was told by a friend who works for Next that you should always take a couple of size 12 etc to try on as same sizes vary so much. I tend to do that now and I've been surprised at the difference between them. :smile:
  • ezme13
    ezme13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's Primarks dodgy sizes, I recommend trying on anything from there before you buy it. Back before I lost weight I bought black linen trousers in a size 18 for work. They were so comfy I went back and bought an idential pair in Navy in the same size and couldn't get them past my hips.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Leggings....lol. Not the most dressy of items, but great for when you need something that will fit you no matter what!! Oh but maybe not Primark leggings, they are more see through than a window, not a classy look lol
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    The main things I buy from there are underwear and leggings, jeans, trousers (sometimes). The. Rest of their range is so not to my taste, I don't know how people can wear it.

They don't do petite sizes either. And nothing ks ever on the correct hanger!

I do fi d their sizers strange but the same with Asda too.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Excuse my ignorance, but why not just try things on before you buy them and stop stressing about the label? I have clothes in sizes from 10 to 18 from all sorts of shops and very few of them are accurately sized.
  • angelahammon
    angelahammon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem i needed black dressy trousers for work i was a size 14 and then they got to big and the 12 was too tight i had to wear the 14s for a few weeks till i had lost enough to get into the 12s,
    find next and newlook better fitting for me
  • hayley26d
    hayley26d Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Excuse my ignorance, but why not just try things on before you buy them and stop stressing about the label? I have clothes in sizes from 10 to 18 from all sorts of shops and very few of them are accurately sized.

Im not stressing about the size on the label... Im stressing about the fact ive bought 5 pairs of new jeans and none fit YET.

I dont tend to try things on when i go shopping as ive normally got 3 toddlers with me at the time
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

I don;t think the OP was saying she bought something without trying it on, but is saying its frustrating trying on different sizes and not finding a good fit. I NEVER buy jeans or trousers without trying them on first. Tops, I can sometimes get away with just buying them...but bottoms, not a chance.
  • hayley26d
    hayley26d Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Leggings....lol. Not the most dressy of items, but great for when you need something that will fit you no matter what!! Oh but maybe not Primark leggings, they are more see through than a window, not a classy look lol

Ha Ha that made me laugh.. I know exactly what you mean
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Ha Ha that made me laugh.. I know exactly what you mean

Even more when certain ladies buy them 2/3 sizes too small, with their white thongs and vest tops :-S lol.
    To the op, online shopping is the best thing with toddlers. Asos isn't bad, plus new look online is a god send. Have you tried h+m?xx