Oh geeze. :/

Options
So I haven't been logging into Myfitness for awhile. After my California trip (which is why I joined to begin with) I couldn't find another reason to start again. Well now, I want to get back on track like hard core and lose the weight I couldn't before Cali.

I have gained four pounds since Cali and an inch around my waist and hips. So I need to lose 12 pounds. :/ I'm really discouraged now that I have quit so easily, but I'm determined.

Any tips on staying motivated?

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Just remember that if you only have 12 pounds, it's not going to come off easily. Your body's gotten used to the size you are and never wants to give up the last few pounds. So work hard. You may have to do more cardio than you were before to really get the fat burning.

I stay motivated, just picturing myself looking PERFECT in a bikini vs. how I look in one now! lol :)
  • amandabackinshape
    amandabackinshape Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Adding on to the previous post, that is totally right. Your body wants to stay the size it is accustomed too. The time frame I'm seeing for getting it to readjust is 9 months. So you are going to have to fight the hardest to maintain your new weight when you reach it for 9 months to convince your body this is where it needs to be. Good Luck!
  • AllisonMO
    AllisonMO Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have to be compulsive about logging in every morsel and all exercise. There are days of discouragement when the scales don't budge, but then they do, and I am fitting in clothes I couldn't wear for the last two years. Compulsive behavior does have its rewards!

Good luck. You can do this!!!! Just be realistic on the time frame.