You know what's so great about being short

Options
I see lots of "Ladies under 5'3" threads on here every day - while it is true gaining weight shows up on us a heck of a lot faster than someone who is taller, losing weight also shows faster too.

10 lbs on someone 5'7 may not be noticeable but it almost certainly will be for someone 5'2. So....go us.

That is all.

Carry on.

Replies

• srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! From someone 5' 2
  • Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    true. but we also get to eat basically no cals per day. :(
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yes!! This is so true! I'm 'almost' 5ft 3 and I love being this height. :)
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Good point - You found the silver lining!
  • mathteacher2010
    mathteacher2010 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't mind being short, but 4'9" is a bit extreme!!! Clothes don't fit right, exercise machines don't fit right, even furniture doesn't fit right! I'm always "cute", never "sophisticated." It takes a lot for me to lose weight. But on the other hand, I have a body that is healthy and becoming more fit.

But if I could only be 4'10" or 4'11".....

:wink:
  • Mehol
    Mehol Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thats right, short people rule! (I'm 5'1)
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    <--- 4'11

I bought several pairs of jeans in a "short" length over a year and a half ago... still about 3 inches too long. I still bought them with the full intention of having them tailored and then gained some weight. Now they fit again... for now anyway and I definately HAVE to have them taken up because I have no pants that fit!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    The thing I envy the most about shorter women is .......you can wear killer sexy heels. I have never been able to wear heels at 5'11 otherwise I feel like I tower over everyone.
  • Kamile69
    Kamile69 Posts: 87
    Options
    So true! I've lost 13 lbs so far and it does show up better than a tall friend of mine! I'm 5'2 :happy:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I like being short. I fail to see any disadvantage in it, other than not being able to get stuff off the top shelves in the supermarket (but hey, the lower shelves are there to give you a leg-up, right??)

I've stood on things to see the world the way it's seen by taller people and it's a pretty freaky view from up there...

Some advantages of being short:

- mechanical advantage in some lifts and also pull-ups

- in ice hockey, having a lower centre of gravity means that it's easier to submarine people (i.e. hit them below their centre of gravity so they fall over the top of you)

- short, large framed people don't get cold as easily as taller, more slender framed people

- in the UK you fit into kids' shoes, which don't have VAT (i.e. the tax that the UK govt adds to most goods) so you get them for 17.5% cheaper

- lower centre of gravity means you're harder to knock down, so long as you know what you're doing (i.e. the right kind of stance and how to absorb the shock with your legs)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

Not true for all shorties. I will take my 2100+ cals over 1400 or less any day.
  • CCDaphne
    CCDaphne Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So very true. I lost about 7 lbs and it definitely shows! Also, I don't get as hungry so I don't need to eat so many calories!
  • Mehol
    Options

Not true for all shorties. I will take my 2100+ cals over 1400 or less any day.
  • Mehol
    Options
    HMVOL7409 Your arms are awesome! I would love to have arm muscles like that! I have reached my weight loss goal and just started lifting to try and bulk up.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I like being short. I fail to see any disadvantage in it, other than not being able to get stuff off the top shelves in the supermarket (but hey, the lower shelves are there to give you a leg-up, right??)

I've stood on things to see the world the way it's seen by taller people and it's a pretty freaky view from up there...

Some advantages of being short:

- mechanical advantage in some lifts and also pull-ups

- in ice hockey, having a lower centre of gravity means that it's easier to submarine people (i.e. hit them below their centre of gravity so they fall over the top of you)

- short, large framed people don't get cold as easily as taller, more slender framed people

- in the UK you fit into kids' shoes, which don't have VAT (i.e. the tax that the UK govt adds to most goods) so you get them for 17.5% cheaper

- lower centre of gravity means you're harder to knock down, so long as you know what you're doing (i.e. the right kind of stance and how to absorb the shock with your legs)

I dont see a disadvantage either, I married someone that is 6'4 - so he gets everything off the top shelves for me :laugh:
  • Brummig
    Brummig Posts: 94
    Options
    now I'm thin (and 5ft 0) I can wear kids clothes! Bought a roll neck yesterday for £1, and I have inherited a Weird Fish hoodie we bought for my son which he refused to wear.