Forced break from 30 day shred - will that ruin everything?

Options
so i pulled a muscle in my calf, and i've had to take a 2 day break so far. i'm wondering how much of an affect will this have, and should i try to instead do everything that i can do or should i wait until feeling all better. i'm not in terrible pain, but the jumping stuff (i'm on level 1) is what hurts.

thoughts??

Replies

• pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Please let your body heal! I have pushed my self so hard and not let my body heal that I had several injuries and had to have physical therapy! Listen to your body and it'll do ya good!:flowerforyou:
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    If it hurts DON'T do it. I hurt my knee doing the 30DS (twisted it weird when doing jumping jacks) and took forever to get better because I didn't let myself rest. I suggest rest and ice. You will only "ruin everything" if you don't rest and let your body heal. You can always do upper body exercise in the meantime. :)
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body! !! If you think you can do some/most of it you can substitute marching in place for anything that strains / hurts your calf. If most things hurt then stop until it is better then start back up beginning the level you were on again.

It won't ruin everything to miss a few days or a week. But if you push through you could miss longer.
  • CCDaphne
    CCDaphne Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You should rest until you feel better. I know it sucks to stop but it's better than causing more damage! If you must workout then make sure it's low impact and doesn't require you to jump around. Take it easy and I hope you recover quickly!