5/2 diet

Options
Has anyone tried the new 5/2 diet.. 2 days u eat 500 calories per day and eat what I want for the rest of the week??

Replies

• rogueriverbrat
    rogueriverbrat Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am on my 3 week of doing this and have lost 6 pounds I am doing it on wed an saturdays
  • mcdona35
    mcdona35 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    my freind is doing it and has lost 16 in 4 week, i tried it and its not to hard to fast , but i started it in a bad week but may start again on monday, x
  • carlyloncz
    Options
    I'm going to start on Monday too! My friend also lost 16lbs in 4 weeks and she loves the diet she says she is so used to it and when she eats normally on her 5 days she feels full all the time..

I have 2 stone to lose.. Counting calories is good but it just doesn't seen to work for me xx
  • carlyloncz
    Options
    Well done :) that's great I can't wait to start it, think Monday will be a good day to start x
  • 1980karen
    1980karen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    ive been doing this for a few weeks but wasnt losing anything for the 1st few weeks. i put it down to overindulging a bit too much on my feast days ( physocological ). i decided to use MFP just so i can keep a track of things. apart from loads of health benifits , it also gives tou a bit of leaway if you have a day like ive had today! theres a good book id reccommend 5:2 by kate harrison.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Not doing it myself, but there is mfp group about it, search for 5:2 fasting
  • Heathert24
    Heathert24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it and so far I love it. I had been stuck for a while and have lost 10 lbs since changing to this way of eating. I no longer have to stress over a holiday or dinner out. I tend to move my fasting days around depending on what I have going on. And on my regular days I still try to eat healthy, so that my weekly calorie intake evens out.
  • Maisie174
    Options
    I think that this way of eating is great! Easy to follow, and effective (if you don't overindulge). Because it has been a great success in the UK, almost all of the recipes out there for fast days are written with metric measurements -- so I have started a blog with recipes (and links to information about intermittent fasting). Please check it out! I would love the feedback.

fastandfull.blogspot.com
  • MarrellDIckson
    MarrellDIckson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just finishing up week 3 and down 2 pounds first week, 1 second week, and for anyone familiar with TOPS I turtled (stayed same) this week, I'm very happy with the 3 lb loss as I'm finding it very easy, and after dieting my whole adult life and even before, after 3 weeks I'm still pretty psyched and looking forward to my next fast day, especially after figuring my Sunday breakfast at over 1000 kcal; our special weekly treat, rest of week bran cereal, banana and almond milk. I feel I have fast days under control and need to focus on nonfast days. Looking forward to hearing every one's story. Mad-
  • korinna37
    korinna37 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i am trying it out, not sure if i lost any weight yet, in my second week now - 2 fasting days done! My problem is that i am looking for low calorie option for a pub lunch out tmrw on a fast day!! HELP please!
  • Scullerdude
    Scullerdude Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have been on it now for 5 weeks & find it really easy. You can move to only 1 day of reduced calories once you have achieved your goal weight.
    :smile:
  • farway
    Options
    i am trying it out, not sure if i lost any weight yet, in my second week now - 2 fasting days done! My problem is that i am looking for low calorie option for a pub lunch out tmrw on a fast day!! HELP please!

Low cal pub lunch is an oxymoron

Do as others have done, move the low cal day, it is not fixed as long as 2 out of 5 are low cal
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like a healthy lifestyle change and if it's not a permanent change you won't keep the weight off permanently.
  • farway
    Options
    Doesn't sound like a healthy lifestyle change and if it's not a permanent change you won't keep the weight off permanently.

sorry, but not correct, it is a life style change and has been followed by trained doctors for ten years. It is not aimed at weight loss but at longevity & health. The weight loss & keeping it off are a by product

Agree with the permanent change 100% but I guess for some it could be a good start to losing weight without too much bother
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Two groups on here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/7953-5-2-fasting

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/8576-5-2-diet

Here's a good start point to learn more:
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/

Well worth reading the book.