*waves* HI! Lots to lose? Let's be friends?

Options
Hey there! I'm Bec. I'm not new to MFP, but I've never really jumped into the boards before. But, this time is THE time, so I'm looking for lots of support.

I'm 38, mother of two, wife of one, full time business analyst, part time blogger, full time girl ;) I've got about 175 pounds to lose. My heaviest was two years ago at 385. I recommitted on Sunday, starting weight 359.7. As of yesterday, I'm down to 353.6. Working on 'clean' eating and exercise (training for a 5K now, with plans to run a half marathon before my 40th birthday in 620-something days).

So, feel free to add me. Especially if you've got significant weight to lose. Not that I'm discounting losing 20 pounds, not at all. But it's nice to have people that understand the challenges of trying to get fit and healthy with a high start weight. It isn't easy but we can SO do this!!

<3 Bec

Replies

• mrs727remedy
    mrs727remedy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    you can add me im trying to lose 100+ also a mom of 2
  • agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi Bec! I'm Ashley. I'm a wife and a mother of 4. I have about 108 left to lose and I'm still pretty new here. I will add you!
  • gettingbec2basics
    gettingbec2basics Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!!

Oh, I also meant to mention, Twitter? @bec2point0 (and with a group of my running girls on @scootadoot - I blog there about C25K once a week)
  • yesiam07
    yesiam07 Posts: 63
    Options
    Hey. I'm Betty! i have lost 130lbs so far and still have 60lbs to lose so i know what its like to see a big number you have to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • callmetaniaa
    Options
    Ive recently started this about a week ago, I'm here to lose weight on my stomach and thighs, wbu? :)
  • tiffles17
    tiffles17 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tiffany :-) I lost 60 lbs already and just joined MFP last week to get rid of my last 60. You can add me if you want to :-)
  • walking02
    walking02 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You are at the right place. Good Luck!!
  • mjt2908
    mjt2908 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Bec. I'm Mandy. 38, wife and mom to 3 (18, 11 & 2). I started out last year in January with WW and did really well for about 6 months. Lost 37 lbs. It was easy for me at that time. Somehow lost my motivation and have been struggling and trying many things since. My starting wt with ww was 238, I am 5' 8". That's my highest wt ever. Guess that's what motivated me in the first place. I am now 10 lbs from that weight and really don't want to get back to that. Just have to change my mindset somehow back to what it was. Anyway - I'd like to get back down to 150-160. Would really like to see 140 again - but I know that may be unrealistic. Feel free to add me.
  • lynnw24
    lynnw24 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi Bec. I'm Lynn and I lost 44 pounds already and have abot 150 to go. Please feel free to add me :)

Anyone can add me as well. The more support the better :)
  • torymichaels
    Options
    Can I join in this fun? I've got lots to lose too. :) And yes, I'm on Twitter (@torymichaels) and Facebook (authortorymichaels).
  • gettingbec2basics
    gettingbec2basics Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you all!! Glad I'm not the only one with lots to lose. I mean, not glad, but .,.. you know what I mean :)