Too Juice or Juice Smoothie?

Options
I want to start juicing I think... I'm looking at buying the nutri bullet but after seeing the infomercial and reading the reviews it seems like it's pretty legit but it's not a juiceer. So whats better juice or juice smoothies? I plan on using it as a meal replacement and easy way to get my veggies in . I'm trying to lose weight.

Replies

• NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Smoothies! Nutri Bullet is awesome. It comes with recipes for a variety of super healthy smoothies. Juicing is great as well, but for me there is too much sugar in single serving causing crazy insulin spikes and hunger pains after. Plus, all the great fiber from fruits/veggies is wasted with juicing. I drink green smoothies regularly, but as I found out they don't make great meal replacements unless they are combined with protein and some fat.
  • NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Smoothies! Nutri Bullet is awesome. It comes with recipes for a variety of super healthy smoothies. Juicing is great as well, but for me there is too much sugar in single serving causing crazy insulin spikes and hunger pains after. Plus, all the great fiber from fruits/veggies is wasted with juicing. I drink green smoothies regularly, but as I found out they don't make great meal replacements unless they are combined with protein and some fat.

Great Comment, thanks!
  • christylui
    christylui Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love green smoothies! Juicing can be great, but it takes a LOT of produce to get enough juice. Plus why waste all that good fiber? If you want to add protein and fat you can put Greek yogurt, avocado and/or coconut milk in your smoothie. Spinach basically disappears taste wise, kale adds a "fresh green" flavor that goes nicely with all kinds of fruit. Avocado adds velvety smoothness. If you still need to up the protein you can try powdered milk or whey protein. I also like chia seeds in my smoothies for all those nice Omega-3s. Usually I aim for around 300-400 calories which is a nice big drink.
  • pmosely20
    pmosely20 Posts: 2
    Options
    Juicing is the best way to get all the nutrients needed but we lose the fiber while juicing. Juice Plus is a whole food based vitamin and not a supplement where fruits and veggies are are cold pressed into a pill form along with the fiber to help get all the nutrients we need. www.koilymaneswithjuiceplus.com message me for more info :-)
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies are the way to go. My fav curently is Kale, Spinach, Cucumber, a plant based or whey protein scoop, and a tart green apple. YUM
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I want to start juicing I think... I'm looking at buying the nutri bullet but after seeing the infomercial and reading the reviews it seems like it's pretty legit but it's not a juiceer. So whats better juice or juice smoothies? I plan on using it as a meal replacement and easy way to get my veggies in . I'm trying to lose weight.

I absolutely recommend smoothies over juice. With juice you get too much sugar too fast and it spikes your blood sugar. Very hard on the body. Most people who are overweight also have a degree of insulin resistance. Many people are undiagnosed as pre-diabetes. Take it from someone who has reversed her diabetes with just diet in just a couple months: you don't want to juice.

With smoothies, you can add protein and fat so that it can be a true meal replacement. And you get fiber. Please check out my diary (its open to all). I do a nutribullet smoothie most days. It gives me all the balanced protein and fats with just the right amount of carbs and lots of fiber. I have had SO much energy since I started making smoothies!! I LOVE my nutribullet smoothies!