A REALLY cool, yet sweaty NSV!

Options
The other day I left work in a rage. Let's just say that certain individual's in leadership roles were taking credit for the work of us "minions." So I decided that I would take my rage out on the elliptical and treadmill at the gym. So in my fit of rage I put in 45 minutes on the elliptical (my previous time was 43 minutes) which had me working up a great sweat and I'm definately feeling it yet today. Then I got on the treadmill......

When I initally got on the treadmill my goal was to see how long I could run before my body said "enough." Up to this point my personal record was 12 minutes. Well I blew my 12 minute record out of the water and then some. When I got to 12 minutes I felt like I had more in me to give so I kept going, then I got to 20 minutes and I still felt like I had more in me so I kept going, I got to 30 minutes and I thought "F I still have more in me" and I kept going, at 35 minutes I could feel it starting to get to me but I realized I was really close to having run a 5k so I kept going to see if I could do it. Well I did do it! It took me 41:38 to get it done but hey we all have to start somewhere right?!

So I may not be winning the war with the scale but I am definately winning the battle on the fitness end of things. I also would like to thank said individual in a leadership role for bringing out my "beast mode." I actually hope he does it again so I can see if I can break my records.

Replies

• RemiLynn79
    RemiLynn79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That is great! I need to start upping my walking and get to running.
    Congratulations!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    WTG! Keep it up :D
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    maybe they should piss you off at work more often!
  • wldrose75
    wldrose75 Posts: 128
    Options
    I think you got that wrong. Its not "beast mode." In your case it is "BEAST mode." Awesome work!
  • JamieRebecca23
    Options
    winning!
  • Believe4it
    Options
    Wowww!!!! That is soo impressive.
  • cedebrooks
    cedebrooks Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great job channeling that rage into something positive!
  • ShannonBrewer07
    Options
    My oldest son, who has ADHD, was stressing me out the other night while I was on my elliptical. He was sitting on the top bunk of his bunk bed and calling me to come in his room to hand him something. Long story short, he was frustrating me and making me angry due to his laziness. I got in an extra 15 minutes going faster than my norm. My norm is usually 6-7 mph and that night I went about 12 mph for 15 minutes straight until I calmed down. I now know I won't kill my kids when they stress me out. I'll just take it out on the elliptical! (NOTE: I would never harm my kids. That was only a joke! Lol! !)
  • ShannonBrewer07
    Options
    Also, awesome work at the gym!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!