My Story W/Pics

Options
62clpowell
62clpowell Posts: 87 Member
I'm 50 years old now, I've had alot of changes in my life over the last few years meeting my new husband, quit smoking, moving from my home town, friends & family to a town where I knew no one. Then losing my youngest child in a motorcycle accident guess that's when I became an emotional eater. I got dressed one day and happened to look into the mirror & thought omg what have I done to myself....that's when I decided to pull myself together and make some much needed changes in my life. I stopped drinking soda, started drinking lots of water, eating healthier & started exercising as much as possible I found that wow really love walking. So here is my progress photo I'm so proud of myself I see changes in my body, but know that I've still got away to go hopefully you can see the changes as well....

da0dcad1-9af0-4298-a698-efddd3dc4117_zps583d5cb2.jpg

Replies

• Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome work!
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    yes great work!!
  • nicoleashley_24
    nicoleashley_24 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the great progress!

So sorry to hear about losing your son. My heart goes out to you.
  • Eyerin
    Eyerin Posts: 24
    Options
    Wow! You are such an inspiration - you've been through so much. So sorry for the loss of your beloved child. Heartbreaking.

May I ask how tall you are? Our age and weight stats are similar and I'd like to know besides loving walking, if there were any other at home fitness programs you got into. I need to stop smoking as well...so bad.

I'd love to 'read' a snapshot of a typical day for you, exercise and foodwise and how you kept motivated.

You just look terrific and must be so proud!
  • 62clpowell
    Options
    Thank you about my son...I'm 5'3" tall & I did use the thirty day shred back in Febuary thought for sure it was gonna kill me :-) lol but it didn't...

I'm always looking for new friends to recieve or give support so please add me if you'd like

0c3eafd82dbd11a2aac66b3.jpg
    esm4tkokbf.jpg
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    What a difference! You look great :)
  • 62clpowell
    Options
    :-)
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Very nice job! And nice change in shower curtains too haha :)
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Definitely see the changes, aWeSome work!! Such an inspiration!!
  • 62clpowell
    Options
    Thanks I thought so also that was after painting the bathroom too :)
  • chrissysue
    chrissysue Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sensational!!!!!!! If I may ask, how much time elapsed from the "before" and "after" photos? Also I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your son. I could not imagine having to go through something so tragic. I tip my hat to you for mustering up the courage to make the changes you needed to make to make yourself healthier!
  • stephcampbell77
    Options
    Wow what an inspiration you are!!! You look fabulous!
  • 62clpowell
    Options
    I've been at MFP for about 245 now, I did however discover when the scale wasn't being very nice to me with dropping down that's when I noticed I was losing inches instead...I've gone from a size 12 down to a size 4 in my pants :) shirts from an xxl to a L-M depending on how it is cut
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    so sorry for your loss, you look great!
  • myprivategoals
    myprivategoals Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been at MFP for about 245 now?? What does this mean?

You look awesome. I am glad to see you look so great after all you have been through. I am similar in weight and height and you are such an inspiration.

I was inspired to see your abs are not droopy. I worry about losing weight and having flab hanging there.

Leese.
  • 62clpowell
    Options
    I've been at MFP for about 245 now?? What does this mean?

You look awesome. I am glad to see you look so great after all you have been through. I am similar in weight and height and you are such an inspiration.

I was inspired to see your abs are not droopy. I worry about losing weight and having flab hanging there.

Leese.

245 days means that is how long I've join this site....I was worried also about having things hanging too.....thanks again :)
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Get out of here...Honey you look AMAZINGGGGGGGG!
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I will NEVER FORGET that 50 can look like this!!! You are my inspiration! I mean, seriously! I never saw myself getting older and frumpy and you are living proof of just how incredible 50 is! GO YOU! I love the bikini, too.
  • meaningful99
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment! You look great!
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!