Traders Joe's- Whats your must have item(s) from here?

Options
I am going to TJ's for the first time today. I have heard nothing but fabulous things about it and we FINALLY have one in my area. It has been here for months now but I was waiting for the crowds to dwindle down.

Let me know what your favorite or must have items are from there. I can't wait!!!

Replies

• rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The only thing we buy from TJs is wine. :) Not sure if that fits into your goals, but they have excellent and CHEAP wine!
  • stephaniecaine82
    stephaniecaine82 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yep WINE!!! 2 Buck Chuck!!!
  • lvisel
    lvisel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Most of my meals are from Trader Joe's! Things I love:

The prepackaged salads. My favorite are the butternut squash and kale/edamame.

Crumpets. They are like a vegan English muffin (kind of.)

Cookie butter, cookie butter, cookie butter! (Crunchy)

If you make sandwiches a lot, try the rosemary ham!
  • Kattamer81
    Options
    All of the dried nuts and fruits...that aisle kills me.

Chili lime chicken burgers.. yum!

Asparagus risotto in the frozen aisle.

Horseradish hummus....pretty much all of the hummus'.

Cara Cara oranges.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    of all things... the Cinnamon Sugar grinder! I don't usually add sugar to anything but this gives just enough sugar mixed in with the cinnamon; a few twists of the grinder over my berries and it's amazing

I LOVE LOVE LOVE their pre-packaged frozen foods (oh man, all their appetizer type things? *drool*) and those used to be one of my primary indulgences but, that doesn't really fit into my plan anymore as a "regular" item due to calorie and sodium per serving.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Was just there yesterday - bought some Coconut Oil and organic popcorn. Yummmmmmm
  • makoman99
    makoman99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    72% dark chocolate, pound plus bar (17.6 oz)
    unsalted, roasted almonds, 1 lb

I make 13-14 snack bags from these that last me 2 weeks.
  • bsalvato
    bsalvato Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The cheese section is just phenomenal. I also love the Trader Joe's Garden Patch veggie juice. Like V8 but thicker. Makes awesome bloody mary's. I actually don't think there's anything bad there at all. I wish there was one closer to me.
  • aarikadanielle
    Options
    COOKIE BUTTER!!!!!!
  • naturallyrandom
    naturallyrandom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I noticed that their Spring Salad mix is often cheaper than Kroger's for the same amount! Also I love their orange dried cranberries and they have a really big selection of unsalted nuts. When I'm in the mood for trail mix Hubby and I definitely go there!
  • steelerlicious4me
    steelerlicious4me Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have to get a box of fruit and nut medley high fber cereal...great 4 breakfast and as a snack.....roasted red pepper chipolte hummus too!
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Three Buck Chuck!!!!!
  • kathyvstephan
    Options
    I absolutely love their Trader Joe's green tea. It's the only brand I drink. Nice and relaxing.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    everything.

just everything.
  • kristy3119
    kristy3119 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Be careful with produce...most of it is unnecessarily packaged and I have had so many experiences with mold. I've heard this from people in other states as well, so it's not necessarily just my store.

BUT, I love Trader Joes for certain things. Their prices are way lower than other stores for some of my basic items: organic chicken breasts, Fage Greek Yogurt, Almond Breeze Almond Milk, coconut oil, Applegate Farms packaged lunchmeats, organic milk, some frozen veggies.

Also their soup cartons are amazing, they have quite a few good breads, and a lot awesome snack items. The Savory Mini Thin crackers are the business. Also the potato-lentil spirals. Lots of yummy frozen stuff, but CHECK THE LABELS, quite a bit of it is kind of horrifying stat-wise. The potstickers and Wonton soup are pretty reasonable, and delicious.

oh.....and Two Buck Chuck, duh :)
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Rice Tortillas. I spray lightly with EVOO, then put in toaster oven until crisp, then throw veggies on top, sometimes sauted, sometimes raw.
    Meats without nitrates. when I was eating meat.
    Rice pasta, priced at half of other stores.
    I love their savory rice crackers (I am gluten intolerant).
    And they did have dried pinapple chunks without sulphates. Gone now :grumble:
  • lotushead
    lotushead Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I get my treats from TJ's aka chocolate and wine.
  • Janie_May
    Janie_May Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's! Here are some of my faves:

Green chile & cheese tamales (frozen) ***YUM! My #1 favorite***
    Reduced fat cilantro salad dressing (in refrigerated section) tastes a little bleu-cheesy to me, & only 45 cals/2T.
    Asian style spicy peanut vinaigrette
    Teriyaki turkey jerky
    Fire roasted yellow & red peppers (in a jar)
    Organic whole wheat pasta
    Salsa autentica (green)
    Vegetable masala burgers (frozen - if you like curry/Indian pakoras, you'll like these)
    Ready to bake whole wheat pizza dough (refrigerated) for make-your-own pizzas
    Lite shredded 3 cheese blend (also for pizza)
    Roasted red pepper & artichoke tapenade (good on crackers)

To be AVOIDED, in my opinion:
    The salmon jerky is REVOLTING. They laughed when I took it back, since so many others had also returned it!
    Reduced fat sour cream and cream cheese have a sweet taste - ick.
    Chicken tamales taste like they have plain boiled/unflavored chicken. Stick w/ the green chile & cheese!

Have fun shopping!
  • erinpd
    erinpd Posts: 96
    Options
    Raspberry Walnut Gorgonzola dressing. In the cooler with the veggies.

Raw Sugar and Salt-covered Dark Chocolate Almonds (good lord, those are tasty)

Cheese. Any kind.

Edamame hummus.

They also have great wraps and salads ready to go in their cooler.

Also:

www.whatsgoodattraderjoes.com

great little blog :happy:
  • ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Options
    COOKIE BUTTER!!!!!!

What is cookie butter, do tell?!?!