Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Hai!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    No man. I got this *kitten* from water aerobics.
  • erbimages
    erbimages Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah I lift as heavy as I can, try to pr as often a possible! Also have to add some calisthetics in but I lift 4-5 days a week
  • erbimages
    erbimages Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    No man. I got this *kitten* from water aerobics.

Hahaha me too ;)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Okay, here is what I think you all are saying. . . first off I need to lose fat and I am overweight by 24 lbs. That said, I need to eat at a deficit and lift in order to avoid losing muscle while losing fat. I will have a tad bit of muscle gain at this time, but not much bc I am at a deficit with calories.

Once the fat starts to get at a reasonable rate ( I guess I will know when I have hit that based on looks) then I can increase my calorie intake and lift heavier and focus on muscle building. At this time I will be able to build the muscle which will burn more fat, is this correct?

I had always thought I needed to get near goal weight first before lifting. I think I had it wrong.

you did. Lift heavy NOW while in a deficit...it will help you retain what muscle you do have...and you will look better as you reduce your body fat.

me before...started at age 40, and am now 41

33110506_7732.jpg

and so far so good.
    33110506_8190.jpg

you look soooooooo much younger in the 2nd pic!! like you've turned into your own daughter or something lol!! (and great transformation in your shape too...)

THIS! You look fantastic....:flowerforyou:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Lifting?!?!? No way brah! I don't wanna get all bulky and shish. I stick to pilates, yoga, and crack so I can look like the dancers in my head.

Send me a FR for tips on how to make your muscles long and lean
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    hahaha yeah.. especially the woman on here...but hey brah they know more then yocked dudes who have striations even in their but holes about getting lean and shredded

:noway:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, ive seen a lot of comments that are just RIDICULOUS!!! People who think they lift giving other people ****ty advice like "if you wanna TONE up just do high reps" or like you can bulk up and lose fat at the same time... Who ****ing liftss??????

So you can't bulk up or rather build muscle and lose fat at the same time? I just don't get that part. I need to do both, but haven't started the lifting yet. Not sure if I am able to both at the same time. Please don't shoot me if I sound dumb. I am learning and we all had to start learning at some point. This is my time. I am the kindergartner of the group.

If you can maintain the muscle you have while dieting, you can create the illusion of "gain mass/lose fat. At 205 people called me stocky and asked how much ya bench, now at 170 (35 lbs lighter) people are asking me what I am "on". I just tell them beer and dat creatine.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    bodybuilding.com forums are
    > thataway.

Brah.

I hear they even lift on there. :bigsmile:
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    1690_311432872313219_2126039300_n.jpg
  • soldierbot
    soldierbot Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Okay, here is what I think you all are saying. . . first off I need to lose fat and I am overweight by 24 lbs. That said, I need to eat at a deficit and lift in order to avoid losing muscle while losing fat. I will have a tad bit of muscle gain at this time, but not much bc I am at a deficit with calories.

Once the fat starts to get at a reasonable rate ( I guess I will know when I have hit that based on looks) then I can increase my calorie intake and lift heavier and focus on muscle building. At this time I will be able to build the muscle which will burn more fat, is this correct?

I had always thought I needed to get near goal weight first before lifting. I think I had it wrong.

Wonderful interpretation. :) I wish I were bilingual
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    good **** brah's, **** the trolls and hippies up

As a hippy who lifts, I find this post offensive!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

you did. Lift heavy NOW while in a deficit...it will help you retain what muscle you do have...and you will look better as you reduce your body fat.

me before...started at age 40, and am now 41

33110506_7732.jpg

and so far so good.
    33110506_8190.jpg

you look soooooooo much younger in the 2nd pic!! like you've turned into your own daughter or something lol!! (and great transformation in your shape too...)

THIS! You look fantastic....:flowerforyou:

+10!
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I do cardio at least three days a week anywhere between 20 min. to 90 min. per session (though, usually it is 30-45 min), plus I do strength training at least twice per week (using The Total Gym, which I love). Admittedly, I haven't a clue what I'm doing. But I can tell you that I am absolutely getting the results that I want (others my want more bulk, some may want more or less definition, I don't know, and would not know what to advise were I asked). I am loving the way I look (but am still a work in progress, not yet settled) and feel.

To those who actually know what they're doing, and considering that I am indeed getting MY desired results, I'd like to hear whether what I am doing at least sounds sensible/logical. I have no plan to reach some specific goal in this regard. I'm in it for the long haul, and plan to continue to be fit the rest of my days. What's your thoughts?
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    hahaha yeah.. especially the woman on here...but hey brah they know more then yocked dudes who have striations even in their but holes about getting lean and shredded

NO YOU DIDN'T.
  • migueltavares
    Options
    I'm a bodybuilder with a body of a fitness model...that means I lift right? ahaha (:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I do cardio at least three days a week anywhere between 20 min. to 90 min. per session (though, usually it is 30-45 min), plus I do strength training at least twice per week (using The Total Gym, which I love). Admittedly, I haven't a clue what I'm doing. But I can tell you that I am absolutely getting the results that I want (others my want more bulk, some may want more or less definition, I don't know, and would not know what to advise were I asked). I am loving the way I look (but am still a work in progress, not yet settled) and feel.

To those who actually know what they're doing, and considering that I am indeed getting MY desired results, I'd like to hear whether what I am doing at least sounds sensible/logical. I have no plan to reach some specific goal in this regard. I'm in it for the long haul, and plan to continue to be fit the rest of my days. What's your thoughts?

If you are happy with your results, and especially as you do not have much weight to lose. then I would not change anything. If you want to increase strength you should do a more traditional progressive loading strength routine...but, if you are not worried about that...keep doing what is giving you the results you want.
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Wonderful interpretation. :) I wish I were bilingual

Yeah, I don't speak "brah" either.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

NO YOU DIDN'T.

I want to know how he knows about the 'yocked' dudes having striations in their 'but holes'.