Insanity Question

Options
I really want to do the Insanity Programme - but I've a question about it before I start.

I try and run at least 3/week, I've entered a few 10k races and I'm not sure if doing Insanity on top of that is going to work? Is anyone doing Insanity AND other workouts on top of that? How do you find it? Is it too much? Should I do Insanity differently, ie space the workouts more?

Do I make sense here? I do in my own head but never know if I'm clear enough for others! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Its called insanity for a reason. I've done it and Its very difficult. Even the creator Shaun T cant do it 100%. Hes tried it recently and said he had to take a break or two. IMO doing extra cardio on top is overkill.
  • Becca21
    Becca21 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    this is a good question.
    i will be doing a 10k run in may and im starting insanity 1st of next month.
    im only running sundays and tuesdays.
  • stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I run almost every day (I'm at 109 miles since 2-21) I also do insanity everyday. On the days I can't run I do either P90x or an extra Insanity workout.

I'm not super athletic either. So I'd say its definitely doable! And yes, I push through every workout but I do take unscheulded breaks if needed.

Since starting Insanity I've improved my pace by at least a minute per mile.

I'd say do it. If you find you body can't handle it cut back on Insanity. But at least give it a try. You'll thank yourself! I promise.
  • SteppyRohr
    SteppyRohr Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I recently started Insanity and also try to run 2-3 days a week. Personally Insanity kicks my *kitten* and I can not do a double work out on those days. I've been experiencing knee pain and have decided to do the P90X/Insanity Hybrid program thinking the strength day in between will help my joints. I will sometimes alternate one of the cardio days for a run day. I do think Insanity has helped my cardio but FOR ME it is just too and am going to integrate P90X and running in with it. Good luck! I hope you find something that works for you. It may take some playing around until you see what fits.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    During the first month I did additional running, but didn't during the second month. I came right out of it and ran a 21:30 5k which is pretty good for me.
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am actually doing Insanity right now. I am on Day 14. I am participating in Shaun T birthday Challenge. I started a week after him. I have done several 5k. It is hard to do a double workout with Insanity. Shaun T has another workout video that I have done which is Asylum. It is sports training. You may want to look into that. I can help you with that.

I did the P90x/Insanity Hybrid this past summer. Love it. It really helped make me stronger. I could not do a dive bomber at the beginning when I started and then ended up being able to do 10.

I would not suggest doing double workouts while doing Insanity. Insanity is very stressfull on your body.
  • dannyennis74
    dannyennis74 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi

Am doing the body for life program and doing the insanity on my cardio days, it is hard though but worth it

Dan
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice guys!!