5'5'' ladies

Options
Was wondering what your calorie intake is for the day. I know everyone is different but need help with mine so I do this right for the last time!!! Thanks...

Replies

• cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I aim to net around 1350. I usually eat 1500-1600 because I eat back exercise calories. Soon I'll be moving up to maintenance, though, and I have no idea how much to eat then.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    1620, but I don't eat back exercise calories.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have 1500 net at the moment
  • Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    im currently at 1550 and depending on how many calories I burn from exercise I may eat some of them back. Based on your ticker though it seems you do not have much to lose. I'd recommend setting mfp to lose 1/2 a pound a week.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5". If I don't exercise at all and just do average daily stuff like sit at my desk job and buy groceries, my maintenance calories is 1800 or so. That means to lose weight when low activity, I need to eat around 1400. (I find if I eat less than that on average, I just end up binging after a few days.)

But I'm usually more active than that now. My maintenance right now for my lifestyle is around 2100 calories. So to lose weight, I need to eat around 1700 on average every day. I've been averaging 1650 calories total per day for the past couple months, and I've been losing an average of 1.1 lbs per week.
  • Hankette
    Hankette Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My calories per day are set at 1330. I do eat back my exercise calories, but I don't earn very many. I am hoping to find some MFP buddies to help me keep focus. :smile:
  • NancyStree
    NancyStree Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I have been doing Weight Watchers and counting points and that doesn't work for me. So now doing calories I wasn't sure what I was doing. I still need to lose 25 lbs.
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    1570. i have it set to sedentary and i hardly work out but when i do i usually eat the calories back.

you do know that when you put your info in MFP will generate a pretty decent ballpark for your calorie goal, right?
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"4' and a bit. My intake is 2000+ calories per day, but I'm very active; I net 1400. Losing very nicely.
  • marsbarsx0
    Options
    I eat around 1200, and only eat back some of my exercise calories (only when I find I'm still hungry at the end of the day). I have had my calories set all over the place to try and figure out the best range for me, and I found that my weight loss just stalls if I have it anything over 1350. So far I've lost 95lbs, so it seems to be working for me.
  • _Fatty2Fitty_
    _Fatty2Fitty_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1,500 cals 6 days a week with 113g carbs. Then one day a week I have a 'spike' day which means I eat high carbs and 3000 cals a day!

P.S.
    I have done the whole eating 1200 cals a day and yes i did lose weight, but you feel deprived, and will eventually give in! Ask 99% of people who have eaten 1200 cals......go higher, its much more sustainable!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I maintain on about net 2000, so at the moment I am on net 1800 to lose a little bodyfat!
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Currently doing 1690 (my TDEE at light activity) but not eating exercise calories as I'm only 5 lbs away from goal. This is I think about 300 less than my maintenance TDEE with 5 days exercising (300-500 cals per workout).
    Thinking about going up to 1750 though.
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" (TDEE is 2314) and I workout 6 days a week. My daily intake varies. With light/moderate to no exercise I try to eat around 1800 - 2000 calories. Moderate to heavy exercise I keep it at 2100 - 2400 cals. Works great for me. I'm never hungry and I still lose weight. I'll lose about 2 - 4 lbs every 3 - 5 weeks. In between that time period I notice changes in my body. I'm great with the slow weight loss because I'm really trying to improve my strength and tighten up those problem areas. Weight loss really isn't a big concern of mine.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I found that my sweet spot is between 1400 and then i do eat back my exercise calories :)

CW is 174 and I'm trying to get to 160
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1690. My CW is 220 and my UGW is 150, but I've got no time limit. I eat back some of my exercise calories, but not usually all of them, and my activity level is set for moderate since I do a fairly active job. I lost 20 pounds on this in about 4-5 months last year, but then dropped the ball and gained it all back. It's a tough road, but I'm not giving up!!
  • NancyStree
    NancyStree Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone this is great info...I'm trying to eat around 1400 to 1500 calories and I'm not eating back my burned calories because I'm not exercising like I should! So all of this really helps me out! YOU ladies are FANTASTIC!!!!
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    My wife eats 1800 based off her TDEE - 20% so the exercise cals are already factored in. This is her in one year, 7 of the 12 months she has been pregnant.
    I'm still a WIP, 274 down to 214 ... back up to 225 with baby now, though.

April 1st, 2012:

SkwZtRo.jpg

Today! Please excuse lack of makeup etc.

7Y5ykD8.jpg
    fJ1x83J.jpg

Weightliftin' does a body good.
  • Joloco4444
    Joloco4444 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5'' and 137lbs, currently on 1400 a day to lose 1/2 lb a week. In pretty sedentary at the mo tho...
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I am 5"1" and weigh 100 lbs. I am small so this is the correct weight for me. I can maintain at apx 1300/day. This includes the exercise calories burned!! This adds up quickly so I have to make sure I get a lot of low fat protein so I get enough w/out too many calories. If I do gain some, I make sure I either exercise a lot more or cut back for a few days to get back to my maintenance weight. I weigh myself every morning, log my food and exercise for the day. I have been doing MFP for a year and it works for me.