Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Does anyone even lift on here??

Replies

• FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    I deadlift dang near 300 lbs.. and squat more than body weight.. but it's making me bulky and masculine. Clearly, by my profile pic.
  • kcmo2528
    kcmo2528 Posts: 19 Member
    hahaha yeah.. especially the woman on here...but hey brah they know more then yocked dudes who have striations even in their but holes about getting lean and shredded

NO YOU DIDN'T.

I want to know how he knows about the 'yocked' dudes having striations in their 'but holes'.

Ribbed condoms are misleading. Good on him for using protection, though.
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    I lift = ) although I just started 2mo ago. I CF (please dont throw rocks at me) and every morning I wake up praying for deadlifts, hangcleans or back squats. I will never understand the runners and eliptical peeps. I loathe running!! = P All in all I'm working on learning more about lifting and practicing form and technique.
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    hippies in the fitness world arent the same as to say like hendrix type of hippie.... Anyways some people get a little to but hurt
  • jkprof
    jkprof Posts: 20 Member
    i lift weights but as a woman for probably different purposes. small reps-high weights, 3 sets, Upper body only at this point. It helps a lot. Definition and calorie burn is an added bonus. Love it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    hahaha yeah.. especially the woman on here...but hey brah they know more then yocked dudes who have striations even in their but holes about getting lean and shredded

NO YOU DIDN'T.

I want to know how he knows about the 'yocked' dudes having striations in their 'but holes'.

I want to know how he knows what their buttholes look like.
  • jkprof
    jkprof Posts: 20 Member
    great work! seeing similar results but fell off for two weeks after a nasty fall. just starting to get back into it and feeling the changes again.
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    hippies in the fitness world arent the same as to say like hendrix type of hippie.... Anyways some people get a little to but hurt

Yeah, us woman tend to get awfully but hurt when you insult our intelligence and knowledge of lifting. I'd say it hurts even in my but hole striations, but sadly, I don't have any. :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    I do cardio at least three days a week anywhere between 20 min. to 90 min. per session (though, usually it is 30-45 min), plus I do strength training at least twice per week (using The Total Gym, which I love). Admittedly, I haven't a clue what I'm doing. But I can tell you that I am absolutely getting the results that I want (others my want more bulk, some may want more or less definition, I don't know, and would not know what to advise were I asked). I am loving the way I look (but am still a work in progress, not yet settled) and feel.

To those who actually know what they're doing, and considering that I am indeed getting MY desired results, I'd like to hear whether what I am doing at least sounds sensible/logical. I have no plan to reach some specific goal in this regard. I'm in it for the long haul, and plan to continue to be fit the rest of my days. What's your thoughts?

If you are happy with your results, and especially as you do not have much weight to lose. then I would not change anything. If you want to increase strength you should do a more traditional progressive loading strength routine...but, if you are not worried about that...keep doing what is giving you the results you want.

Thanks for your response. I will say that my strength has increased significantly, and I am maxed out in terms of weight setting on the Total Gym (though I could buy weights to add to it as needed, thus increasing weights). But, at least for now, the definition in my arms, legs, shoulders, back, *kitten*, makes me happy. Just maintaining this look, I'd be completely satisfied. So, I think (for now) I will continue this routine/schedule, and change it if I want to see some changes. Thanks again. I really do appreciate it. Just feel better knowing I'm not doing anything stupid, and just being lucky w/ these results. You know? :)
  • MiamiKid305

Yeah, us woman tend to get awfully but hurt when you insult our intelligence and knowledge of lifting. I'd say it hurts even in my but hole striations, but sadly, I don't have any. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Lift more, you'll have a striated but hole... And i never meant to insult any of those females who lift, i simply meant that woman usually tend to stick to doing a lot more cardio since lifting weights will make them bulky
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

Lift more, you'll have a striated but hole... And i never meant to insult any of those females who lift, i simply meant that woman usually tend to stick to doing a lot more cardio since lifting weights will make them bulky

I think you meant to say, "...usually tend to stick to doing a lot more cardio BECAUSE THEY THINK lifting weights will make them bulky....WHICH IT WON'T...."

Fixed it for you :)

Edited to fix bolding.
  • EJtheDJ
    EJtheDJ Posts: 6
    I lift....got a bench set up in my living room for deadlifts, squats and stuff. Doing my own routine of pyramid weights at the moment with alternate kettlebell circuit days. I'm going to step it up soon, currently researching which are the best routines to adopt for me to improve the muscle tone I've grown already :)
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member

I see my sense of sarcasm has sailed right past you, so me and my sad, woefully underdeveloped little but hole are going to pack our bags and leave. Sir, I bid you GOOD DAY.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Love to lift. Get my Ipod rocking and my body working...
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    nvm. can't argue with stupid.
  • MiamiKid305
    nvm. can't argue with stupid.

Im actually not from KS as you can see my S/N starts with MIAMI... Im only here because im in the military
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    well, then I'm not shocked.
    eta: your screen name means nothing. I have "machine" in my name, but I promise, I'm not an android, cyborg, or have any mechanical parts...unless you count the plate in my ankle.
  • MiamiKid305
    glad your not:wink: i would have thought that having the name of a city followed by the area code would have implemented i was from around there.. Guess not, and im not a machine either yet i have a plate in my jaw and rod in my forearm with a little shrapnel in my bonessssss
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    I do cardio at least three days a week anywhere between 20 min. to 90 min. per session (though, usually it is 30-45 min), plus I do strength training at least twice per week (using The Total Gym, which I love). Admittedly, I haven't a clue what I'm doing. But I can tell you that I am absolutely getting the results that I want (others my want more bulk, some may want more or less definition, I don't know, and would not know what to advise were I asked). I am loving the way I look (but am still a work in progress, not yet settled) and feel.

To those who actually know what they're doing, and considering that I am indeed getting MY desired results, I'd like to hear whether what I am doing at least sounds sensible/logical. I have no plan to reach some specific goal in this regard. I'm in it for the long haul, and plan to continue to be fit the rest of my days. What's your thoughts?

If you are happy with your results, and especially as you do not have much weight to lose. then I would not change anything. If you want to increase strength you should do a more traditional progressive loading strength routine...but, if you are not worried about that...keep doing what is giving you the results you want.

I foresee a point where the Total Gym will not give you enough of a strength workout - having to do 25-35 reps of anything to get to fatigue is probably not in your best interest. You may at that point want to consider a program that challenges you more. Glad it works for you though!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    glad your not:wink: i would have thought that having the name of a city followed by the area code would have implemented i was from around there.. Guess not, and im not a machine either yet i have a plate in my jaw and rod in my forearm with a little shrapnel in my bonessssss

stop ,just stop.. your making my brain hurt .....

*disclamier* I swear not ALL people from Miami are like ^^^^^^^^