Question about body fat% lowering.

Options
Currently I am about 211lbs and 5'10" on a recent personal trainer session I had my % tested and I have 16% body fat percentage, 45lbs fat to 115lbs muscle. My goal is to reduce to a more cut look around 12% body fat. What should I set my goal weight to achieve this? I was thinking around 175-180lbs but I figured I would ask for advice. I workout about 3-4 days a week with both cardio and total body strength training. The reason I do full body every time is because setting a solid schedule is not very easy with the way things are right now. I use hrm every time as well. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• nosillanosilla
    Options
    I don't think your numbers add up. If you didn't lose any muscle and wanted to be at 12%, you'd need to weigh approximately 130lbs.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ibw/

it's been accurate for me
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't think your numbers add up. If you didn't lose any muscle and wanted to be at 12%, you'd need to weigh approximately 130lbs.
    Unless I'm missing something, I think you are forgetting to add back in his blood, bones, and organs! The gentleman is currently 211 @16% bf. He doesn't need to drop 70 pounds to drop 4% bf.

Wait, I did misread part of it. The part that doesn't add up to me is that shouldn't 16% put him at 33-34 lbs of fat?
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    It depends on whether you are going or want to increase your lean body mass. You can get to 12% by losing the 6% of BF or by increasing your LBM, since BF% is only a percentage of total weight.
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Oops I missed something. I am "currently 211" when the scan was done I was 220.