I have a question?

Options
I'm going to a friends 60th birthday party tomorrow night and I am not sure how to handle it. I'm sure there will be lots of drinking and food there. I thought about just drinking and eating what I want and going back to the program the next morning. I would like to know how some of yall would handle it,.:ohwell:

Replies

• Losingbooty
    Losingbooty Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    depends on how much you trust yourself. Personally I cannot do that. I have been there done that! If it was me I would eat a very small amount cause you do not know how many calories are in something that you have not prepared yourself. HOWEVER sometimes it is nice to let go for a minute if you have good enough control to go back tomorrow.
  • fatgirljessica
    Options
    If you don't have many "cheat" days, I say do what you want.
    You can also check your weekly average. If you're under a couple of days, it'd be fine to go over a bit on one..
  • adopt321
    adopt321 Posts: 111
    Options
    I would try to eat, if I were hungry, what healthy food is available. If people offer, I'd just say something like, "I'm fine. Thanks for offering." You can always use "I'm driving" to turn down alcohol.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    If it was me I would eat before I went - so if I grazed a bit on a buffet it would have minimal impact and as for drink - just alternate between a soft drink and drink - you can still have a good time without overeating or drinking in excess - but if you do want to do that then eating something before you go is still going to help :)
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I thought about just drinking and eating what I want and going back to the program the next morning.

This, just enjoy yourself.
  • MarsaHerod
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input on this
  • nm8962
    nm8962 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well if its not too late to respond. Lot's of salad if they are having it. (shhh, don't tell but I bring my own low cal dressing) Chicken? can't do too much damage with two drumsticks. If rice and potatoes on the menu pick one & eyeball a half cup portion. meatballs, take one. Roast beef or prime rib, ask for that little tidbit that fell to the side, not a slice. One glass of wine mixed with seltzer water. When you finish that drink, its water with lemon only the rest of the evening. Dessert, share it with someone. Now hit the dance floor & dance the rest of the night away.