Do I finish turbo fire and start Insanity?

Options
I have done the 9 week prep schedule of turbo fire and will be finishing week one tomorrow of the main programme. I am enjoying the programme but I have also got Insanity.

What are peoples views on both and which programme gave the best result. I don't know whether to finish the turbo fire programme (end on the 4th July) and then do insanity, or just stop doing turbo fire and start insanity now?

Also, if people have used a HRM when doing both which burns the most calories?

Thank you :-).

Replies

• leigh0416
    leigh0416 Posts: 29
    Options
    I would think if you feel you are ready for a new challenge, then Insanity may be where you want to go after TF. That's my plan anyway, but I've been doing TF for quite a while now, amongst over things. I know that some people will hybrid TF at the end of the program with another strength training program. I also know that many people will alternate between TF and Insanity...like do a round of TF and Chalene Extreme or Insanity and P90X together...but really it's just up to you, what you feel like you can do and also what you are looking for. I always felt like I needed to be more prepared for Insanity myself. Right now I'm doing a mix of TF, Les Mills Combat and Les Mills Pump. After this round ends, I will start Insanity for the first time...but I haven't figured out yet what I will pair it with. I like to do strength training along with my cardio. Anyhoo, changing things up after TF isn't a bad idea at all, Insanity may be your next level. As far as calories burned, I use a Bodybugg and my biggest calorie burn of all the workouts I do is TF. Especially the long workouts. I "think" Insanity burns a similarly high rate, but of course, it all depends on how hard you're working and I believe the nature of the workouts is a bit higher in intensity, also using your body weight for strength and toning. My cousin does Insanity and her calories burned using her HRM appear to be close to what I would burn in a 45 min TF workout...anywhere from 400-600. I would think the afterburn using Insanity would continue to be quite high considering the muscle use they incorporate into their workouts. Either way, depending on what you are looking for in a workout, they are both good and are going to both give you a high calorie burn. Although I think Insanity will give you the overall body transformation in a shorter period of time if that's what you're looking for.
  • kazitykaz
    kazitykaz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i have 2 weeks left of the advanced classes of TurboFire and then i'm starting Insanity with my husband. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can chat more!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Finish Turbo Fire and then move onto Insanity. Always finish what you start.
  • byereverd
    byereverd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I personally have blended Turbofire with Les Mills Pump and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I have Insanity too, but, the changes the body makes with weights cannot be beat IMO. Like someone else posted, if you are ready for a new challenge, Insanity is great and it will shred everything off like Turbofire does. The difference between the two end results are not extreme, it is the path that is different. Try the Insanity fit test and see what you think! Everyone is different and you'll find what works best for you.
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Finish Turbo Fire and then move onto Insanity. Always finish what you start.

I completely agree! Stick with the one your started. Insanity will be there when you're done. :)
  • ElenakiFra
    ElenakiFra Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I finished the 20 weeks of TF before 1 mong ago.I didnt do the preparation. I lost 37.3 lbs and over 50 inches from my bust.weist,legs,arms,hips,thighs. Awesome program, lots of fun.I would recomend to finish it all the way.Worth it.Ans Chalene is very modivating instructor.
    I dont know about Insanity yet but am planning to do it after i will finish Brazil Butt Lift in 4 weeks. Insanity looks like a more serious and mush harder than TF.
  • kazitykaz
    Options
    Thank you so much for the responses. Think people are right that I must finish what I started, just can't believe how long the turbo fire programme is.
  • ElenakiFra
    Options
    Ofc its long when you do the prep 9 weeks +20 weeks main program.
  • kazitykaz
    Options
    Ofc its long when you do the prep 9 weeks +20 weeks main program.

Indeed it is. I regret having done the prep schedule, think I would have been fit enough to start the main schedule without the prep but didn't want to take the risk of losing motivation if it was too hard. Got more value for my money I guess :-).
  • kazitykaz
    Options
    Would it be too hard/extreme to do the full TF and Insanity programme at the same time?
  • kazitykaz
    Options
    Bump
  • ElenakiFra
    Options
    I think it will but depends on you.You can find a TF and Insanity schedule on web allready mixed.
    And for the fitness lvl you mensioned bf for the TF, believe me i was never into exercise...never it was hard but that kept me on push and push till now that its almost easy for me :) The matter is how hard you want to change!