20lbs in 45 days?

Options
Right now I'm down 6,4lbs. The reason for the title is this ... my cousin is getting married in September. Her bachelorette party is in 45 days. (august 6th) she wants the bridal party to wear these tank tops she bought that say maid of honor, bridesmaid etc. She already ordered them but they only came in sizes M & L !!! I am an XL!! Ugh!!! Do you think it's possible to fit into a L in 45 days? That's 1 size down which possibly might be 20lbs?

UPDATE: Forgot to add.... I walk on the tredmill for an hour which comes out to about 2.7 miles. I have RA so doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is tough for me, I find that Taebo is better, idk why just seems easier for me. Also helpful food ideas would be good. I only eat raw veggies no frozen or canned veggies.

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I went down a size with only 10lbs weight loss. You can do it, just focus focus and don't stray from your plan! :flowerforyou:
  • davidlitz
    davidlitz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It is definetly possible. I am down 15 lbs in 14 days. Just make sure your diet is clean. And you do enough cardio.:bigsmile:
  • faithNlove212
    faithNlove212 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Should I double my exercising? I walk on the tredmill for 1 hour everyday. Should I do 2 hours?
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'd say 20 pounds in 45 days is pretty tough. It took me over 3 months to achieve that and I have a decent amount of weight to lose. However, you can fit into smaller clothes with less than 20 pounds lost. I started feeling a different in my pants after 10 pounds. Also, if the tank top is a bit snug or doesn't look great, try buying one of those camisoles that is fitted so it pulls in your stomach. That way it'll look better on you.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the south beach diet? It's kind of like Atkins but without all the artery clogging fat meats and protein. Basically you eat raw vegetables and lean meats and cheeses and seafood (as much as you want )and you can snack on nuts in moderation and have sugar free fudgecicles in phase 1, the first 2 weeks, I have heard people dropping quite a lot in those 2 weeks, It's just too hard for me, i have carb withdrawals.
  • ShondaS
    ShondaS Posts: 6
    Options
    I think it's totally doable if you work hard and focus. Just be prepared to pay for alterations to your dress. Good luck!
  • Winter0916
    Winter0916 Posts: 80
    Options
    It's possible, remember if you lose 2-4 inches that's a size, so don't focuse so much on the weight. If you do 1 hour, how many miels per minute are you walking? If you do 3, I say go up to 4.2 or something that would be better than doing 2 hours.. But do whatever it's easier for you :) Good luck!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'd also suggest looking at the 30 Day Shred. It's a workout DVD if you haven't heard of it. It's circuit training so it's pretty intense and burns a lot of calories. It's only 27 minutes long and you work up thru 3 levels in 30 Days. I'm almost done with it (i've taken longer than 30 days tho) and I've lost about 10 pounds so far and 1.5" from my waist. It's good to work into your walking for something a little high impact. You just need a set of hand weights. I switch between 2 lb and 5 lb.
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Oh yea I think you will be able to make it happen, for sure!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    It really all depends on your body and the way the shirt is made. I'm in an XL right now (sometimes 1X, just depends on the cut of the shirt) and I was in an XL when I was 60 pounds lighter than this (though much closer to being able to wear a large!) (Not that you asked, but I think it was pretty rude of her to buy shirts and expect you to wear them when they weren't available in your size!)
  • msparker
    msparker Posts: 3
    Options
    Good Luck!!!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    You can do it if you're dedicated enough. Just eat as clean as possible and maybe try some interval training. When I'm on the treadmill or outside I try to walk for a minute or two and then run for a minute. It really seems to help! Also.. I've read many many articles about how working out longer isn't always best, but higher intensity for less time can be just as helpful if not better.

Not sure if you're like me any (personality wise) but just be sure not to beat yourself up if you slip. I know when I have a time limit on me I feel intimidated and can't do as good as if there were no time constraints. Just do your best and you'll get there! If you try hard enough, you'll probably make it. But if not just know you tried your best and you're closer than you were when you started!

Good luck!
  • Joscelle
    Joscelle Posts: 93
    Options
    I think there's a tank top/cami thing called Yummie Tummie you might want to check out online - they had it on Oprah and it kinda smooths everything into place (supposedly without cutting off your circulation...)
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Even if you don't lose 20 pounds, it is possible that you could tone up and lose inches and be able to fit into a large. Eat clean and concentrate on inches not pounds. If you focus too much on the scale it might only frustrate you.
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Should I double my exercising? I walk on the tredmill for 1 hour everyday. Should I do 2 hours?

When I used to do Tae Bo, I lost many inches. Maybe replace some of your treadmill walks with Tae Bo since it's something you enjoy.
  • MissKaay
    MissKaay Posts: 25
    Options
    Try uping the speed a little, and walk 30 minutes more.
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    Options
    Totally possible, I dropped a full size with only 12 lbs lost so you might be close to a size L already and will be able to fit in those tank tops in 45 days. Keep up the treadmill routine for cardio and add some muscle conditioning and strenght training to tone your arms. You will look lovely in any top then :flowerforyou:
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I lost a size when I lost 15lbs. I guess it just depends on your body's frame and where it stores fat. A fruit juice fast can help (24 hour). I know most people would discourage it but it helped me get past the 200lb mark. Just keep your metabolism up by eating six little meals and lots of water!
  • mdwolff
    mdwolff Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've never been a fan of "diets" but I must say the Belly Fat Cure is an amazing book! You can get it at Costco for around $10.00 I lost 6 lbs. my first week. The hardest part is giving up sugar and I LOVE sugar. But it really isn't that hard at all. I need to lose 20 lbs. so a 6 lb. loss is pretty good for me. I noticed you said you walk for an hour on the treadmill and do close to 3 miles. I wouldn't walk for more length in time but I would most definately pick up the pace. I walk a 5mile hill up and back in about 1 hr . 15 minutes and constantly try to shave time off it. You really need to get in the zone and it will help burn calories. Good Luck!