Stupid scales!

Options
I'm trying hard not to get completely demotivated by the fact the scales have gone up and more so my body fat %. I've just done my measurements and they are gradually going down but the scales are giving a different story. I know it should be about size and body image not weight but I can't help but fixate on that little digital display =(

Replies

• FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Could be TOM or water retention, your measurements are going down and thats awesome! Cut yourself a break and weigh again in another week. Call it a 'feeling fat day' and try for a skinnier feeling tomorrow. :)
  • tiwhitfield
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I have been working out for about 3 weeks and people are starting to notice and have been asking if I'm losing weight and I say yes!!.. I haven't weighed myself at all, but I notice my clothes are fitting better and I have more energy and I'm motivated to keep pressing on. I don't know when I will weigh myself because I don't want to be disappointed. So just try and concentrate on the small changes your body is experiencing and you will feel much better. I know I do...
  • sucg
    sucg Posts: 36
    Options
    We must have scales that are related. I'v tried so hard to keep to my cals (1400 ) and keep my protien up but my weight has gone up and my measurements have stayed the same. augh. Pigged out big time last night but back on track today. Must say i'm feeling fitter though. I've been doing the Leslie sansone 3 or 5 mile walk each day to that someone else suggested on here. Am really enjoying it. Good luck to you, hope both our scales start playing the right game soon x Su
  • charlie00134
    charlie00134 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping it's water or something but my body fat has gone up too so it can't just be water :(