some help please

Options
Hi been trying to lose weight since I had my little girl but the last few months I've been working harder and being more conscientious of what I'm eating. I have limited myself to no more than 1600cal per day and most days I am eating 1450. I'm losing around half pound-pound a week but don't think its enough really. I checked basal metabolic rate and if I was leading a sedentary life I would need 1750 per day and if I was leading with light activity I would need 2000.

Anyway question is, am I eating enough? And is this the problem?

Any advice would be great :)

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    From what I have learnt yes you should be eating more. Find out your TDEE and deduct 15-20% from that to know how much you should be eating. Make sure though that you do be realistic with your activity level when working it all out.
  • mjm1986
    mjm1986 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I should be eating around 1650 after 20% reduction from tdee but I'm not eating that and to be honest I'm not actually hungry. Not sure what I should be doing
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    My question back to you is "what are you eating" What you eat plays a much larger role in weightloss than the actual calories you consume.
  • acraw558
    acraw558 Posts: 23
    Options
    you might try eating more. it sounds counter-intuitive, but when you eat just the right amount of calories, your body becomes more efficient at fat burning and stops holding into fat (i'm sure you've heard of how your body stores fat when it thinks it's in survival mode). give it a try--if it doesn't work, go back to what you were doing.

good luck!
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker, you only have about 9 pounds left to lose. When you have under ten pounds to go, 0.5 pounds a week is the right target. I know it seems slow, but you are doing great and you are losing enough.
  • mjm1986
    Options
    I have 9lbs to lose to reach first target then another 7-14lb.

I usually have cereal for breakfast or bagel with weight watchers sausages and turkey bacon on a fitness day.
    Lunch is usually homemade soup and slice of bread or a tuna salad pitta. Dinners depend really, beef salad, stirfrys bulked up with veg and no noodles. Snacks are fruit, fat free natural yogurt, no sugar added jelly, snack a jacks or pink and white wafers if I feel I need something sweet obviously don't have all that everyday.
  • mjm1986
    Options
    Anyone else got any advice for me? Had a melt down already today and weigh in day is tomorrow.