Yikes!!!

Options
In my Settings, MFP is set to automatically change my calorie goal every ten pounds I lose. After plugging in information for yesterday's weigh in, a ten pound loss was reflected and I got the alert that the calorie goal was going to be recalculated. Unlike avoiding the recalculation, I went ahead and approved it. Since I want to continue shedding some pounds, I was hoping that my calorie goal would decrease. It did the opposite. It increased it by 40 calories. This seems very unusual to me and I cannot really understand why the calorie goal has increased instead of decreased. I need clarification as I am still relatively new to my new "health kick!" :) Thanks in advance for all comments!

Replies

• babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    are you yiking at 40 calories? :laugh:
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Wish I had your problem....I recalculate my goals after I weigh in and lose, usually about a 1-2 pounds every two weeks. MFP then decides I need LESS to eat. LOL. Seems weird it's telling you to eat more. What's your activity level set at?
  • eclectic_ladee
    eclectic_ladee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    are you yiking at 40 calories? :laugh:

I'm not yiking at the amount of calories, I just need clarification because in my mind the count should go down if I want to coninue to lose...that's all!
  • eclectic_ladee
    Options
    Light activity
  • I believe as you lose weight, your BMR decreases (because you are carrying less weight it's less effort just being.) And as MFP seems to work out TDEE from your BMR, that may explain a small increase? That's just my interpretation though, it may be wrong!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Did you change any of the other settings? From 2 pounds a week to one pound, or from sedentary to lightly active?
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Strange. You're not married to MFP and he's secretly trying to sabotage your weight loss I hope!
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Probably had your initial goal too low. Enjoy the 40 and Congrats on your loss.
  • eclectic_ladee
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input...I was just curious! I didn't change anything in Settings.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    When I hit my last 10 lb mark and MFP recalculated, it changed my weight loss per week from 2 lbs to 1.5, thus allowing me more calories too. I had to manually go in and change it back to 2 lbs per week.
  • eclectic_ladee
    Options
    When I hit my last 10 lb mark and MFP recalculated, it changed my weight loss per week from 2 lbs to 1.5, thus allowing me more calories too. I had to manually go in and change it back to 2 lbs per week.

Thanks! I will check into that.