Feel better already

theresam615
theresam615 Posts: 3
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I have been so bad lately, eating whatever I crave which is usually pizza, thai from someplace right down the street, or a breakfast sandwhich on the way into work.

My co-worker, Cindy, has been on this site for about 2 years, and I've seen how much she loves it. And I've seen how it's worked for her. I've had fun watchingher talk about what she's learned from the site as well as the support she's gained from the people here. Not sure why it took me so long to join myself but I think I just kept telling myself that I coudl do it on my own.

Now I realize I definitely can't! I need to log all my food to see that (yikes) I am eating almost all my calories for the day just on the ride into work!

I feel better already knowing that I have admitted that I could use some help with this and that I'll be logging all my food and exercise and getting a better idea of what to eat. Looking forward to this! :)

Replies

• sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Well good on you for taking the first step by joining MFP. You will definitely get all the help, advice and support you need here. All the best on your weight loss journey. Add me as a friend if you like :glasses:
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Hi I joined yesterday and love it ,once you take control makes you feel so much better :)
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Something that just tweaked for me as I read your post was that I used to buy my coffee all the time and for my co-workers on the way to work. One day I added up what I would spend, I worked it out to 108 per month this was over five years ago. At the time I went into my bank, I opened up a high interest savings and had 108 per month taken out of my account. Although I only stopped buying everyone a coffee briefly I atleast also saved the equivalent. That account now has 6500.00 in it. I call it my coffee money! I am not suggesting that you do this but since you will be saving by not buying breakfast sandwiches you may want to think about it! You will be gaining in savings what you are losing on your waist!
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    I just joined last week, and I also feel that I am finally in the driver's seat! I had a tough weekend, visiting family, with birthdays and all. But, for once, I am not falling off of the plan! I am back on the horse, back to counting calories, vigorous daily exercise, better attitude...! It's one day at a time. I have to do it now! Looking forward to all the support, and to what I can do for you all!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Welcome! I am glad you finally joined and we can share this journey together. :bigsmile: :heart:
  • Catzeyez
    Catzeyez Posts: 35
    Welcome! Glad you joined, it's a great site and the support is awesome :) Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Thanks for everyone's replies! It's been invigorating so far just seeing, in numbers, what I'm eating and how even just a 30 minute moderate walk upped the amount of calories i have for the rest of the day. Definitely helping me see how I can eat better in the morning, exercise and still be able to eat something substantial for dinner! :happy:

I do like the idea of calculating how much I spend on morning breakfast. I often call Cindy to see if she wants anything because it helps me feel less guilty for buying myself something/eating!! :frown: But Cindy has been so good lately she is always saying "No, I'm good!" and she's right, she is good!! :tongue:

Considering I've been wasting about $160/month on morning breakfast/coffee and another (at least $160/month on thai food/pizza (when my own healthy lunch from home is sitting in the fridge!) it's no wonder I've been feeling broke lately. I'll definitely be happy to see not only a healthier me but a healthier bank account. :bigsmile:
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Welcome!

I also have found that I have extra money often since I have cut down eating out by 98%. But I have been spending more at the grocery store lately trying out new things, but they are all healthy so it is good. Feel free to add me if you want extra support!
This discussion has been closed.