Sports Bra Help!!

Options
What kind or brand of Sports Bra or support bra do you ladies wear during your workouts? I'm doing 30 Day Shred and the "girls" just won't behave. I wear a 40 DD. Any suggestions? It's hard with all of Jillian's jumping. I am only on level 1 but I can only imagine level 2 of the Shred including even more jumping moves.

Help!

Replies

• Arkie_Ali
    Arkie_Ali Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with every sports bra I buy. I finally broke down and bought an "expensive" one ($40 is expensive for me). It's a Champion brand with underwire for my large chest and it fits quite snug. It takes some getting used to though. The first time I went jogging with it on, it felt like someone was squeezing my chest...but not much movement! Hopefully my chest will go down with my weight and I can start wearing those cute shelf sports bras :)
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Enell-Maximum-Control-Wire-Free-Sports/dp/B000PCTM66/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364062168&sr=8-1&keywords=enell+sports+bra

the mother of all sports bras- ill never look back. i went from 2 sports bras to just one- and this thing is a harness. get over how ugly it is- and buy one. (check their size chart. im a 36DD so it compared to an Enell size 2).
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I have always bought my sports bras a couple sizes small. Helps hold everything nice and tight. I'm a DD so I usually buy a C or medium. I don't like the ones with underwire so I just buy the "uniboob" style.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    My sister in law bought a zipper-front Under Armor one and LOVES it. Raves after every run :laugh:. She's around a 36-DD and when I checked out the website they went up higher - unfortunately not as high as I need, but I'm pretty sure they had 40-DD. She said she got hers at a local sporting goods store.
  • chicco57
    chicco57 Posts: 298
    Options
    You need shock absorber Level 4 for those bad boys!! to stop them moving around!! can be bought on ebay or amazon thats the cheapest places i've found this brand, good luck I'm sure you will get plenty of other suggestions.
  • meidie1980
    meidie1980 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I finished day 7 of tge shred today ;) waring an shockabsorber and i loooove it!
    (i think i have us size 38 dd)
  • agalassie
    agalassie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the market for one (38 DDD, which is almost impossible to find). This is the one I've been looking at, but I want to try it on before buying, but it isn't sold in many places. It does have great reviews for bigger busts.

http://www.amazon.com/Panache-Womens-Underwired-Sports-Navy/dp/B0086WMEKI/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1364062710&sr=8-21&keywords=sports+bras+for+large+busts
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    im telling u- ive tried SOOO many- ENELL ENELL ENELL (it even has 11 bra hooks going up the front- YOU WONT MOVE)- and its surprisingly comfortable.
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Gonna go hunting online now. Thanks.
  • ljr3108
    ljr3108 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love the Genie Bra with the pads, have been wearing ever since I started dieting & exercising about a year ago. You can get them at Bed, Bath, & beyond.
  • Kellllog
    Kellllog Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber :)
    I'm a 40DD too and this is the most comfortable I've ever been wearing a sports bra and the most supported.

SHOCK ABSORBER SPORTS BRA - B4490 - PURPLE/TURQUIOSE - NEW - LEVEL 4 - 34HH -40H[40dd]
  • newloafofbread
    newloafofbread Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    None of these bras come in my size. :( Am I the biggest freak in the world for having a 44 DD?
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    My sister in law bought a zipper-front Under Armor one and LOVES it. Raves after every run :laugh:. She's around a 36-DD and when I checked out the website they went up higher - unfortunately not as high as I need, but I'm pretty sure they had 40-DD. She said she got hers at a local sporting goods store.

I was just going to post how GREAT this bra is!!! I was a 40DD when I started wearing them. I'm down to a 34D now but will not workout in any other bra. Not only do they hold everything in place for a comfortable workout they are super easy to get into and out of because of the zipper front. Worth every penny!!!!!

Edit to add that I am a serious runner and Jillian Michael's devotee so know first hand these bras work for high impact workouts!
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    No your not a freak for having 44 DD!! I am quite jealous
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I wear a 34 DD bra and I like the Natori Reflex Memory Foam T shirt bra, its not necessarily a sports bra but it has alot of support wider comfy straps that won't move anywhere and doesn't have any poky wires or anything. Its really comfortable
  • _Fatty2Fitty_
    _Fatty2Fitty_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Definately not a freak!! Im a 38F and running can prove quite....challenging!! I have a Shock Absorber one! Cost me €50 but was well worth it.....no black eyes for me!! :laugh:
  • nannukka
    nannukka Posts: 52
    Options
    I wear 38D and LOOOVE my Enell High Impact sports bra like the other lady earlier in this thread. I got mine from Title Nine because their customer service rocks!! It keeps your girls in place. Nothing will be moving. And yes it is not the prettiest thing, but a)who is going to see it (I go to gym but I have t-shirt over it plus I am there to work out not to attract men) and b) since it has the front closure thingies it is easy to take off after you are all sweaty. Try it!
  • donnareadman7
    donnareadman7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 42 b-c would the shock absorber bras work for me too??? If not what good, affordable brand would be good? I'm from the UK. X:smile: