There are days that YOU are all YOU have.

Options
A great and happy weekend to all my fellow Pals out there! So I have been reading some of the threads about support systems and how it's hard for people to shy away from all the sugary awesomeness that they have in their food pantries because of their support system at home. More often than not, one person in a relationship will be the one working out, eating healthy as the pounds are flying off of them. Meanwhile, the other half in the relationship stews in jealousy or resentment because of the other's success.

Just a quick reminder that yes while you do have this site (WHICH IS SO VERY AWESOME!!) at the end of the day... YOU are all YOU have. It's up to you as those Little Debbie super sized oatmeal cream cakes (Which are so sinfully good for me!!) are staring you in the face calling you... "Come on buddy, it's just 1, Go ahead and do it!!" No one will know. Ahhhhh, but wait, there is one person that will definitely know all when it is too late... YOU!

This is where you have to stay strong and REMEMBER how you looked at yourself in the mirror, or a dept. store window as you walked by and said, "you know what... It is time for a change!" DO NOT let all that hard work and determination go down the tubes all because you gave in to your weaknesses. DO THIS FOR YOU!! As one of my troops told me this week as I went bacl to check on him while we were on a long run "Sir don't worry, I'll stop if I need to so I don't get hurt, I'm not trying to impress anyone" - I told him, "that's great brother, however the ONLY person you need to try to remotely impress is YOU!!"

Dig deep with me fellow Pals! Success is only a few drops of sweat away! I'm with you and there are many others out there that share this same struggle day in and day out! KICK IT INTO HIGH GEAR!! Put down the Snickers bar and throw the running shoes on and then come back in for some fruit or a protein shake!!

STAY STRONG MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!

Have a GREAT rest of your Saturday!

Santos :)

Replies

• DaphneinMaine
    Options
    Thanks!! How true and I have been in this frame of mind today as I stay at a 10 lb plateau for 2 weeks. Literally everthing in life, including weight loss, is a mental exercise more than anything. Last night as I got off the treadmill and treated myself to a seltzer I knew that todays weigh in would leave me at the plateau-even though I had ramped up my cardio this week and tweaked my foods here and there. I feel great and have been doing literally everything- plus more but I just had the premonition that this would not be the day to break past that one number-and of course I was right! Instead of wallowing in a bad attitude and complaining to my significant other and reexamining every little thing that I did or did not do this week or even worse take a day off in defeat, I decided to embrace what I have accomplished....Here in Maine we are still knee deep in snow with spring nowhere in sight, and we are all very restless and yearning for mud season and everyone I know is struggling with the end of winter blahs. What a better way to spend Saturday morning than house cleaning!! I am fortunate to live in a decent sized multstory home so I embraced my energy and spent 3 hours having a not too shabby cardio session with the vacuum, mop and toilet brush stopping only occasionally to admire how baggy my sweatpants now are!

At the end of 3 hours I had immediate gratification- a clean house and a workout all in one!

I headed up to my bedroom and pulled out 2 large containers of clothing which contained no less than 40 items, mainly pants, capris, shorts, skirts of a summer nature that I had not been able to wear last season due to my weight. I am a "Clotheshorse" with a capital "C" and have an extensive multi sized wardrobe! I tried on various pieces and was able to delight in finding 3 pairs of black dress slacks that I have not worn in well over 1 year that fit perfect. These will be pressed and styled into office action this week. Although I kind of have been liking that baggy crotch & butt feeling that my current dress pants have been giving with me with the 10 lb loss-it will feel great to put these on. There are many pieces that will be perfect for summer with my continued success and a couple of great summer pieces that fit perfect today! (Too bad I wasn't leaving for a cruise tomorrow!) Anyway, again: INSTANT Gratificiation to get past a possible day of "Plateau Blues"....Embrace the small successes, no matter how small they feel. Yes, it feels great for spouses, friends and co-workers to give us unsolicited compliments and positive feedback but it all comes back to US. What are we going to support ourselves?
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Great post