5'5'' ladies

Options
2»

Replies

• 2EggsSeparated
    Options
    I'm 37, 5"4.75' and currently 159 pounds. I eat between 1700 and 2100 calories per day and I am losing weight. I exercise 6 days a week -- usually some zumba or hip hop abs, and then one of the Jillian Michaels DVDs for a little strength training. Otherwise, i'm a fairly lazy slug.
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 1/2 and my intake is 1200
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You can tell from this thread that the variation in cals is huge. Doesn't matter a thing what other people are eating, same height or not. They have different life's to you, do different things, exercise more/less than you, have more/less muscle. Find your own numbers that are right for YOU.
  • angelpearls
    angelpearls Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and I aim for about 1430 calories a day without exercise more with exercise. Most of the time I find myself eating around 1200-1300 calories though. About once a week I eat about 2000 calories when I go out with my friends.
  • Foxxy18
    Foxxy18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", looking to lose a total of 80 pounds. I'm eating 1,300 a day, but then I exercise and eat more, so more like 1,600 a day lol(:
  • Maybee77
    Maybee77 Posts: 17
    Options
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Between 1500-1600 calories (haven't updated my diary to reflect it). I am trying to eat more though.

Oh by the way... I'm 5'4" AND A HALF :) So I rounded up.
  • Sillyish
    Sillyish Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and do between 1000 and 1300. I don't count calories.... but on the days that I do log 'just for fun' that's the range I usually fall into. Maybe a bit low for my height but the idea of having more just seems like I'd be forcing myself to eat for no reason.
  • chezzielou1984
    Options
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 a day, but I want to point out that I am one of the exceptions, and I'm only on such a low number on doctors advice and monitoring. I'm planning on upping my calories gradually as my BMI gets healthier, again with support from my doctor.

Basically, the doctor assessed that it was better for me to lose quickly due to the health implications of my weight. I'm lucky that my doctor was someone who was informed and was able to engage in a discussion about it when I told him my concerns about the low calories. I'm also lucky that I'm a nurse, so I know quite a few dietitians who have been able to talk about it with me!