Bodybuilding - Do I go off Calories or Macros on MFP??

Options
n8thh
n8thh Posts: 10 Member
Fri 03/22/13 01:41 PM

Bodybuilding with MFP

Hi, I have been using MFP for around six weeks now and think its great.
I have been a religious member of the gym for 18 months now and recently started to track my Calories and Macros to take my progress hopefully to the next stage.
I find that sometimes I reach the end of my day and my Macros are on point but my calories may show +150/200.
I am currently 190lbs follow a calorie deficit ( approx -250 per day, going off the MFP calculated Maintenance)and Macro Ratio of 40/40/20, (losing 3-4 lbs per month)

Im happy with my cutting progress, and understand the `if its not broke, dont fix it`
Just wondered if all you MFP gym rats follow the Daily Calorie Intake Number or the 3 Macro Intake Numbers as sometimes I find they marry together spot-on and sometimes the Calories over run the Macros by upto +200 cals

Any feedback is welcome, Thanks

Replies

• marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Fri 03/22/13 01:41 PM

Bodybuilding with MFP

Hi, I have been using MFP for around six weeks now and think its great.
    I have been a religious member of the gym for 18 months now and recently started to track my Calories and Macros to take my progress hopefully to the next stage.
    I find that sometimes I reach the end of my day and my Macros are on point but my calories may show +150/200.
    I am currently 190lbs follow a calorie deficit ( approx -250 per day, going off the MFP calculated Maintenance)and Macro Ratio of 40/40/20, (losing 3-4 lbs per month)

Im happy with my cutting progress, and understand the `if its not broke, dont fix it`
    Just wondered if all you MFP gym rats follow the Daily Calorie Intake Number or the 3 Macro Intake Numbers as sometimes I find they marry together spot-on and sometimes the Calories over run the Macros by upto +200 cals

Any feedback is welcome, Thanks

Open your diary, and people will be able to give helpful feedback. If you LEGITIMATELY want help -- SideSteel, Taso, HelloitsDan, and a few other trusted people from my FL are great resources who can more than likely help you set your macro and calorie levels.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    possible to re-state the question so that what you are asking is clear?
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    sometimes things aren't entered right, or fiber messes with you. i'd focus on the pie chart deal of the phone app rather than straight up numbers.

besides, just from error of listed calories on foods you're probably +- 500 calories every day.
  • n8thh
    n8thh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks, for your comments folks, I`ll get a bit more familiar with the site and be a little clearer with any q`s,