My tdee is about 3700 calories for maintenance ?

Options
i want to lose weight should i eat 3000 calories ?
does that make sense

Replies

• berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i want to lose weight should i eat 3000 calories ?
    does that make sense

If you give us some more stats it would be helpful (height, weight, exercise routine...)
    that is about a 19/20% deficit, sounds good to me.
  • alakafi
    alakafi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    height 6.4

weight 275 lb ..goal 200

exercises currently none , but after i finish my exams , i'm going to the gym .
  • aelfrice
    aelfrice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    height 6.4

weight 275 lb ..goal 200

Something doesn't seem right here. I'm 6'4'' and weigh 260 currently. I have a very large frame(barrel chest, wide shoulders, size 16 feet and huge hands) I started calorie and macronutrient planning three weeks ago and weighed 270. MFP put my BMR at about 2200 and my TDEE at about 2700. I eat 2100 a day and eat my exercise calories.

Putting your stats into calculators I get a TDEE of about 3000 because I'm assuming that you are very young man of 17. I'm 31 but my metabolism hasn't changed much since I was your age. If I ate 3000 a day I would definitely not be losing weight and I doubt you will do anything but maintain--assuming a sedentary or lightly active lifestyle.

Have you been claiming to be much more active than you are or are you figuring in your more active lifestyle after exams? Otherwise, something is amiss.