50 PLUS BEFORE AND AFTERS?

Options
Anyone out there 50 or older have before and after pics? Would LOVE to see them for inspiration to know I can do it too. I will be fifty in July this year. Thank you!

Replies

• alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Life begins at 50. Didn't you know that? :)

42c1015f-ae83-48ed-be67-a091e3d77827.jpg
  • tiffanypardus
    Options
    Life begins at 50. Didn't you know that? :)

42c1015f-ae83-48ed-be67-a091e3d77827.jpg

Wow great job !!!
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    WOW - great pic!!! i don't have a pic but at 53 - I feel and look better than I have in 30 yrs!!!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am bookmarking this thread. I need some inspiration from the older generation. I am half way there. I think it will take me at least a year to tone up decently after I lose all the weight.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Toning was (and still is) an issue!! When I lost the weight - people said I was losing muscle tone but what they were seeing was the saggy skin!!! It took 4-5 months for my arm skin to tighten and my leg skin is still a little saggy after 7 months!!! I do weight exercises but the saggy skin makes me look like I have no muscle tone!!! It is not the skin of a youngster!! (I am 53)
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I'll soon be 56. This is my progress so far. I am very close to my goal. I won't say it was the easiest thing I have ever done. But, it was so much easier than I thought it would be. And, it was easier than staying in pain and living like a hermit. Life has improved 100%!

Believe in yourself. You can do anything that you think you can. You can't do anything that you think you can't!
    Good luck! <3

361days_zpsb9dd6f84.jpg
  • blakedebo
    blakedebo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'll soon be 56. This is my progress so far. I am very close to my goal. I won't say it was the easiest thing I have ever done. But, it was so much easier than I thought it would be. And, it was easier than staying in pain and living like a hermit. Life has improved 100%!

Believe in yourself. You can do anything that you think you can. You can't do anything that you think you can't!
    Good luck! <3

361days_zpsb9dd6f84.jpg

wow, you look at least 20 years younger! congrats!
  • bejade54
    bejade54 Posts: 2
    Options
    Just wanted to let you know that you look absolutly great and congrats on the weight loss, i am 53 and just joined tonite so you are my inspiration and thanks
  • xybernaut
    xybernaut Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    0 - 30 - 60 day results with P90X, Starting Phase 3, looking forward to the results in 30 more days!

Day%25201%2520Photos1.jpg
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Here are the pics:
    276.jpg
    That's me at 276 pounds. Summer 2010

214.jpg
    That's me at 214 pounds. Summer 2011

2y.jpg
    That's me after my first 1/2 Marathon

You can do it.
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    HI. I am not good at the pics and sizing but here they are. First one May, 2012 276 pounds, and the second one is March 9, 2013 when I was running my first 5k, 34:50 (Not bad for an old 50 year old, eh) at 190. I am 185 now. It hasn't been easy but not as hard as I thought it would be. I have 20/25 pounds to reach my goal weight but it IS POSSIBLE for people our age :)

Veebefore_zps21d66640.jpg

veeafter_zps8fd9e83f.jpg
  • avalentineb
    avalentineb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wow! All of you look amazing!!!!!!
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Great job!!!
  • hawaii86442
    hawaii86442 Posts: 167
    Options
    I dont have photos to post--need to scan since they are hard copies. I just looked and one and thought--I was fat!!!!--and very curvy. It was the original before photo. I am now 65 pounds thinner. Wow

I so agree with the skin issue. I am working on tightening up.!!!

BTW--it is better at 50 to lose it and keep it off then to lose it at the mid 60's and not have the skin be as resilient.

Good Luck!!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! You all look fantastic!!!!!! Keem 'em coming! This is awesome!
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Good luck! <3

361days_zpsb9dd6f84.jpg

wow, you look at least 20 years younger! congrats!

She took the words right off my finger tips! Your transformation is amazing! I'm 56 too, and you are an inspiration!
  • healthfulnow
    healthfulnow Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 55 y.o. 5' 4.5" and have lost 56 lbs since September 2012 by cutting out some junk "comfort" foods, watching portion sizes, and upping my exercise level. I will be running my first 5k in late April. I am now 124 lbs. and am enjoying the increased energy level I have, a much improved blood pressure, and the renewed fun I have in shopping for clothes!
    I haven't uploaded any before pics yet, but I do have a few recent ones in my profile. Wishing you the best!!
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options

Good luck! <3

Steff, you look fantastic!! Every time you post new picture, you look younger. Total inspiration!!!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Alex, you look pretty awesome yourself!
  • Gnasher1960
    Gnasher1960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my first post. I'm 53 next week, 5'7" and 175lbs. It's great to see so many before and after pics, they keep me going. It's not so easy when you're getting on. The best thing is, once you start making progress you just don't feel so old anymore, never mind life begins at 40 or 50, it begins when you start to live it! Here's my before and during pics, I'm still overweight so I have a bit to go.

The before photos are from my holidays last year. I didn't start dieting and exercising (Power 90) until September when I weighed in at 230lbs.

PDVD_009cropped_zps19bc43b7.jpg

PDVD_006cropped_zpsb0ebfb61.jpg

68e6d3ce-fab9-4c69-b4bc-4bc2546e582e_zps64c763a9.jpg

Here's Day 1 of Power 90

20120921_193202_zps271dd088.jpg

Progress so far

82318435-8e37-4254-a955-4bf16bf6450c_zps1addc741.jpg

Sideprofileprogress1-120_zps5c5d2567.jpg

20130317_143825_zps4e0e7796.jpg

Transformation1_zpsa900a77e.jpg

I'm sorry there's so many pics, but I'm just so chuffed to have come this far. I hope this inspires others to try. It's never too late.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!