nearing the end...up and down

Options
So I am nearing the end of my weight loss journey, 151 pound loss so far and I am finding whenever I go down 10 pounds I seem to sit and plateau for three months.
Up and down then lose another ten.

It's the inbetween moments here and the plateaus that are killing my mind right now. Trust me I switch it up and I am in the gym 5 days a week, love body lifting and my cardio. I haven't come this far without my struggles.

I am just wondering does this happen to anyone else who has/had a significant amount of weight to drop.

Replies

• Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I haven't had the marathon battle that you have, but in getting down those last 20 pounds my body keeps wanting to be done and hitting it's 'set point' button, when I keep battling to get it to believe otherwise.

Congrats on such a great success!!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am nowhere near your loss, and congratulations on it, I have about 10 pounds to go, and have been stuck for weeks and weeks. Up a bit, down a bit.

Not much help, but you are not alone
  • fausto412
    fausto412 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    So I am nearing the end of my weight loss journey, 151 pound loss so far and I am finding whenever I go down 10 pounds I seem to sit and plateau for three months.
    Up and down then lose another ten.

It's the inbetween moments here and the plateaus that are killing my mind right now. Trust me I switch it up and I am in the gym 5 days a week, love body lifting and my cardio. I haven't come this far without my struggles.

I am just wondering does this happen to anyone else who has/had a significant amount of weight to drop.

That's expected. Just keep doing what you have been doing and it will come on its own.