Not loosing need motivation to keep going

Options
I have been a mfp member for 16/17 DAYS, in the first five to seven days i lost one and half pounds. Yet I get on the scales this morning and not only have I not lost anything I put on that one and half pounds back on. I just dont understand Im sticking to the 1200 cals and im doing cardio workouts between 4-6 times a week and only eating the cals burnt by exercise if im hungry which generally im not i see this as a good sign? Im torn with keeping this up for a few more weeks and see what happens or Up my cals to 1400 or just give up and find another diet.

Stats are 5ft 7inches and 64 kgs. My goal to be 54kgs.

Any advice,motivation and kick up the *kitten* is much welcome

Ta xx

Replies

• j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    and be patient, it's not going to happen overnight :)
  • MerMandy17
    MerMandy17 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Measure your body fat and your various body measurements.
  • windyrobotham
    windyrobotham Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'7" and my calorie goal is 1610. I'm not sure your activity level for the day but you could be under eating.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    What would be the point of quitting?

Increase cals and add weight lifting. If you haven't been eating a surplus of cals, then you have not actually gained fat. It's most likely water. Two weeks is not long enough.

You have to motivate yourself, but I'd imagine your original reason for starting is still valid. Why not revisit and start there?
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have been a mfp member for 16/17 DAYS, in the first five to seven days i lost one and half pounds. Yet I get on the scales this morning and not only have I not lost anything I put on that one and half pounds back on. I just dont understand Im sticking to the 1200 cals and im doing cardio workouts between 4-6 times a week and only eating the cals burnt by exercise if im hungry which generally im not i see this as a good sign? Im torn with keeping this up for a few more weeks and see what happens or Up my cals to 1400 or just give up and find another diet.

Stats are 5ft 7inches and 64 kgs. My goal to be 54kgs.

Any advice,motivation and kick up the *kitten* is much welcome

Ta xx

Once, i lost 0.5 pound after 1 month. It just took me long but i lost a lot of inches. I would recommend u to check size at the same time too. And good luck with your weight goals. =)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Try concentrating on being healthier. The rest will naturally follow.
  • npd2007
    npd2007 Posts: 11
    Options
    Totally agree with J4Nash....be patient. Not sure how old you are but our bodies to change as we get older. I was feeling the same way. Had gotten up to a size 12 last semester in school :-( and I am very accustomed to being 6/8. I had been working my butt off...doing Insanity, running and eating the 1200 calories. After a month I was like WTHeck! Then yesterday, my daughter took a photo of me before I went out to run and I noticed I looked different....so I ran to my closet and tried on all my 8's and could put them ALL on! I was so excited. Measurements are important....I had been loosing inches also but was too focused on the scale. And I agree....we need to add strength (weight) training to our cardio workouts. So stay encouraged sister!
    Feel free to add me if you like!
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and 63kg at 19.5%BF. I do not know your personal body composition, but in my opinion you are at a good weight already unless you have an extremely small frame. I eat TDEE-10% so over a week I probably average at least 2100 calories a day. When your body is close to its ideal body weight you need to eat closer to maintenance. I would definitely suggest giving your body more fuel. Also adding weights and resistance will do wonders when you don't have much to lose.
  • katiebee9786
    Options
    I'm starting this diet properly tomorrow, i want to lose 50lbs over the next year and get down to a size 8-10 if i can, i look up a lot of thinspiration photos, but i need something to get me going properly, i've tried diet after diet and i always give up, i need suggestions on good diets i can try?
  • sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Have you eaten high sugar/salt the last day or so, if so you'll be retaining water
  • xProfLupin
    xProfLupin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    1200 calories might not be enough for you. Might be putting yourself in starvation mode possibly. I went from 1200 calories to 1800 calories on my slightly active day and I lost 4 pounds in two weeks when I wasn't losing anything before. But I got my number from "In Place of a Roadmap" forum on here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

It calculates exactly how many calories you personally should be eating, considering how active you are. I like it a lot.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough - with that workout routine you are at least moderately active and with that activity modifier under the TDEE method, I eat 1900+ to lose .5 pound a week (I am 5'2", female, 124 pounds, and over 40).

Your body needs fuel to function properly.
  • amorgs87
    amorgs87 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks all for your posts means alot. I would like to ask a question to those of who have suggested i add weight training to my workout. Firstly I dont want to bulk up muscles will not suit my little arms haha so what would you suggest I try???
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your posts means alot. I would like to ask a question to those of who have suggested i add weight training to my workout. Firstly I dont want to bulk up muscles will not suit my little arms haha so what would you suggest I try???

Don't worry about bulking up. It takes a lot for most women to bulk up. Honestly, your best bet would be to do a session or two with a personal trainer. Have them show you how to hit all the muscle groups, and how to do it correctly. I know that can be expensive, but it is well worth the money to learn how to lift and do it correctly. The form and effort you put into lifting has everything to do with the results you get.