Does anyone even lift on here??

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    hahaha yeah.. especially the woman on here...but hey brah they know more then yocked dudes who have striations even in their but holes about getting lean and shredded

:noway: I can't believe what I'm not able to read.......

E N G L I S H please...... brah? yocked? but holes? striations? the woman? (is there only ONE woman in here or did you mean the WOMEN?)

:grumble:

Let's hope he lifts better than he writes and thinks...

I would respond to the original post, but I fear my IQ has dropped considerably just by having the misfortune of reading it.
    I am hopeful that when he's NOT posting drunk, he's more coherent?
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    The thing is, The majority of woman who go to the gym are always in the cardio room, everyday doing the same thing and if you ask them why so much cardio and not any lifting they'll tell you that.. "lifting will make me bulky" which isnt true

Yes, that's a tough myth to break, but us ladies who lift are working on dismantling that myth with our hulk smash powers. :drinker:

Thank you for your military service.
  • honey_dew
    honey_dew Posts: 28
    I lift!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    I lift, but I'm still a beginner.
  • u wot m8
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Lifting correctly since 1999. Before that I was the kid that annoyed other people in the weight room (due to not knowing what the heck I was doing and hogging equip).
  • I lift, but I'm still a beginner.

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    I read the whole thread and I still don't know what a "brah" is. Did I miss it?

He's talking about bra's, he's clearly a boob man, just adding an 'h' at the end to make it cool.
  • skinnyinnotime

She can't be a beginner to lifting weights because she has alot of posts?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member

She can't be a beginner to lifting weights because she has a lot of posts?

Well d'uh - the two are clearly related :noway: :laugh:
  • skinnyinnotime

Duh to yourself. How are they related?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member

The amount of posts a person has shows you how long someone has been lifting? Double duuuhhh

img01.png

:flowerforyou:
  • skinnyinnotime

img01.png

:flowerforyou:

I see, duh indeed....to me. :laugh:
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    I read the whole thread and I still don't know what a "brah" is. Did I miss it?

I believe BRAH is BRO in surfer lingo.
  • I read the whole thread and I still don't know what a "brah" is. Did I miss it?

He's talking about bra's, he's clearly a boob man, just adding an 'h' at the end to make it cool.

Brah is slang for "bro". Yo Bro. You're my brautha!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member

This is not bodybuilding. com.
    And 10 posts? that's not enough to be this c&cky around here.
  • Okay, here is what I think you all are saying. . . first off I need to lose fat and I am overweight by 24 lbs. That said, I need to eat at a deficit and lift in order to avoid losing muscle while losing fat. I will have a tad bit of muscle gain at this time, but not much bc I am at a deficit with calories.

Once the fat starts to get at a reasonable rate ( I guess I will know when I have hit that based on looks) then I can increase my calorie intake and lift heavier and focus on muscle building. At this time I will be able to build the muscle which will burn more fat, is this correct?

I had always thought I needed to get near goal weight first before lifting. I think I had it wrong.

you did. Lift heavy NOW while in a deficit...it will help you retain what muscle you do have...and you will look better as you reduce your body fat.

me before...started at age 40, and am now 41

33110506_7732.jpg

and so far so good.
    33110506_8190.jpg

Can't believe this is the same person. The top pic you look about 56. The bottom, you are young and banging (not for me to bang, I don't swing that way) but DAAAAMN! I want to leave the house looking like that, I might GET BANGED! Which would be really cool! thanks for sharing.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

If posts = lifting experience, he must have just progressed to squatting the bar.
  • I lift, but I'm still a beginner.

I know, right? You can be into eating right and doing cardio till the cows come home. Or sit on your butt and read and post on MFP but it isn't a gauge into how much you lift. I personally, have worked in the fitness industry since 1989. Meaning cardio queen and skinny fat, to fat, to skinny fat, to fat. But am new to lifting. My posts will be kind of high before I figure out how to lift a weight. Am on my way though.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    I do cardio at least three days a week anywhere between 20 min. to 90 min. per session (though, usually it is 30-45 min), plus I do strength training at least twice per week (using The Total Gym, which I love). Admittedly, I haven't a clue what I'm doing. But I can tell you that I am absolutely getting the results that I want (others my want more bulk, some may want more or less definition, I don't know, and would not know what to advise were I asked). I am loving the way I look (but am still a work in progress, not yet settled) and feel.

To those who actually know what they're doing, and considering that I am indeed getting MY desired results, I'd like to hear whether what I am doing at least sounds sensible/logical. I have no plan to reach some specific goal in this regard. I'm in it for the long haul, and plan to continue to be fit the rest of my days. What's your thoughts?

If you are happy with your results, and especially as you do not have much weight to lose. then I would not change anything. If you want to increase strength you should do a more traditional progressive loading strength routine...but, if you are not worried about that...keep doing what is giving you the results you want.

I foresee a point where the Total Gym will not give you enough of a strength workout - having to do 25-35 reps of anything to get to fatigue is probably not in your best interest. You may at that point want to consider a program that challenges you more. Glad it works for you though!
    I would agree, but I can add weight to the TG. There is a weight bar that can be attached to the glide board, and weights put on that bar. I'm sure there is a limit, but I can tell you that the machine out of the box is not the end of the story. :tongue:
    In any event, though I am maxed on the TG as is, I can only do 12 reps per exercise, and on a couple moves, I can do 15 tops. And I don't want to have to do a ton of reps, not only not in my "best interest," but also, heck, I don't have all day to work out. LOL
    Still, I love this piece of equipment. :happy: