Want to do Insanity but...

Options
I live in a flat with wooden floors and when I jump / jog the whole room shakes. There's nowhere in the house I can do it without feeling like I'm about to bring the building down. What are my options people?!

Replies

• currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Do squats when they're jumping. Modify for low impact. And push harder on the non jumping moves.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You don't have to jump really high, or even leave the ground completely at all, to get a good workout. You'll see from using a good HRM monitor that even just bouncing burns a lot of calories. And on wood floors, it would be better on your knees anyway. (Trust me, I have knee problems to this day because back in 2009 I did Insanity in my old house with a wood floor in the livingroom).
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Put it on your laptop and take it outside?

(Assuming that's an option for you)
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Ha! I just wanted to say thank you for thinking of this. I lived in an apartment for 7 years underneath wood floors and nearly shot several tenants above me. Thank you for your courtesy on behalf of all wood floor dwellers!:smile: Good luck with your Insanity.
  • JOEYJACKMOM
    Options
    work on yoga mat to absorb some of the impact
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Put it on your laptop and take it outside?

(Assuming that's an option for you)

^this. if you don't have a communal garden of some sort, go to a near-by park.
    if you feel silly doing it by yourself (which I would, probably, but that's just me) - ask a friend to do it with you.

NO EXCUSES! ;-)
  • ScottThomasM
    Options
    I'm not sure modifying the workouts would really give me much of a drive compared to doing them properly. As for going outside, not an option I don't have a garden and I have yoga mats but they really don't make a difference at all. Sadly I might not be able to do the program at all in this situation and there's nowhere I can go to do it unless I (or someone here) can think of a solution to do it at home. :(