healthy Japeneese, Chinese or Thai take out options

Options
I am taking the night off from cooking due to being very sick and was wondering if anyone can suggest some HEALTHY options for take out. I was thinking scallops and garlic veggies (sauce on the side) no rice?

Any other suggestions? :)

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Sashimi.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Watch out for the white rice. It has a lot of calories.

Japanese: seaweed salad, sashimi, sushi in moderation, teriyaki
    Chinese: wonton soup with extra baby bok choy
    Thai: Satay or green curry
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    At Chinese places, most have a Veggie medley or "Buddhist Delight" option that is pretty light. They'll usually add chicken or tofu or whatever to it if you want some extra protein. Steamed meat dumplings also aren't too bad. It's the sauces and condiments that are carb bombs more than anything.. as well as anything deep fried.

At Thai places, Chicken Satay is light. Curries that don't have cream added are good, just go light on the rice or naan. There's usually a lot of good options at Indian or Thai places.

Japanese I couldn't tell you, I understand the sushi and sashimi aren't bad nutrition-wise, but I don't like any of that.. or any of the oily stuff they cook on hibachi grills.. so I never eat Japanese.
  • _AC3_
    _AC3_ Posts: 16
    Options
    Food (as in meat, grains, pastas, etc.) in and of themselves aren't "healthy" or "unhealthy" (barring allergies, etc.) it's a matter of the preparation and the amount. :) If you're worried about calories stick to grilled meats and veggies, stay away from rice (unless it's brown) and noodles, and stir-fry. I'm Cali and here restaurants are required to post the calories so it makes things easier.
  • Melizabeth84
    Melizabeth84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I went with scallops and veggies w garlic sauce on the side so I can manage the amount and I am going to make tofu noodles no rice :)