I ran (most of) 5K today!

Options
KassLamb
KassLamb Posts: 98 Member
I did the Color Run today. I didn't think I'd run the entire thing, and I didn't. However, I did get 2/3 of the way through before I had to walk, and that's waaay more than I thought I'd be able to do! Even after walking a bit, I was able to pick up and run again. I had an incredible amount of fun doing it, and plan on doing it again in another city in June. Hopefully I can run the entire thing by then!

I'm super excited and proud of what I was able to do. However, now that I've proven to myself that I can handle running much further than I thought I could, I have no more excuses for not running at least that far during my workouts. I'm excited, and had to share my victory with someone!

Replies

• dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great job! I bet it was a blast!
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I am doing the Color Run here in May with my 5 year old. Any advice as far as protective eyewear, etc??? Someone told me they give you goggles so it doesn't get in your eyes but I really don't want to run with goggles.
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    AWESOME !!!
    I hope to do the COLOR RUN this summer. I am the same way... I can "almost" make the entire 5K.. but usualy end up walking a bit.
    I'm still pretty slow... definitely not out there for speed.

Keep working at it !! And I bet you'll see improvement every time you race !!
  • KassLamb
    Options
    Great job!!! I am doing the Color Run here in May with my 5 year old. Any advice as far as protective eyewear, etc??? Someone told me they give you goggles so it doesn't get in your eyes but I really don't want to run with goggles.

Thanks! The one I participated in did not provide any sort of protective eyewear. For me, it was not necessary. I certainly got some in my eyes, but it dissolves and does not irritate. It's just cornstarch, so it's not harmful to you, but a 5-year-old may not like it as much. I don't know, I suppose it depends on the kid. I was actually thinking of purchasing some colorful shades, but decided against it just because I don't like running while wearing anything on my face.
  • loosesealbluth
    loosesealbluth Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I've literally just started running and am hoping to do the Color Run this July. It seems like a blast! It sounds like you did an amazing job so congrats–you should be wicked proud!! :)
  • KassLamb
    Options
    AWESOME !!!
    I hope to do the COLOR RUN this summer. I am the same way... I can "almost" make the entire 5K.. but usualy end up walking a bit.
    I'm still pretty slow... definitely not out there for speed.

Keep working at it !! And I bet you'll see improvement every time you race !!

Well, the little bit of running I did was not necessarily fast either. It was a slow jog, but I'm proud of it anyway. It's an accomplishment for me to run at all, really. You should sign up for yours fairly soon! They sell out very fast. I think there were about 13,000 people at this one, and I don't even live in a very big city. It's so much fun.
  • mjay26
    mjay26 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    well done! :)
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Thanks! The one I participated in did not provide any sort of protective eyewear. For me, it was not necessary. I certainly got some in my eyes, but it dissolves and does not irritate. It's just cornstarch, so it's not harmful to you, but a 5-year-old may not like it as much. I don't know, I suppose it depends on the kid. I was actually thinking of purchasing some colorful shades, but decided against it just because I don't like running while wearing anything on my face.

Thank you! I think we will just wear shades.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!