intake on myfitnesspal

Options
i am recovering from an eating disorder (anorexia) and i always find myself going over the 'carbs' and 'sugar' recommended amounts everyday.. does this mean i'm gonna get fat cos' too much sugar and carbs will make me fat? do i count natural sugar and carbs in my RDA? do i count my fruit in it too or just processed food? :/ please helppppp <3

Replies

• Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Only going over your calories will make you gain weight. Plus you would have to go over by 3,500 in a week in order to gain just 1 pound.

Don't worry if you're going over your carbs or sugar.
  • alishali
    alishali Posts: 56
    Options
    ohhh ohkay thankyaa! i've always thought you gain jiggly fat if you have loads of carbs and sugar:/ this isnt true then? it just matters about your calories.. yes?xxx
  • _AC3_
    _AC3_ Posts: 16
    Options
    Calories are all that matter for fat loss/gain. Carbs, fats, proteins, etc. come into play for energy, muscle growth, general health, bla bla. They only really matter if you're at your desired body type and now you're trying to improve health/fitness, or your training for an event, etc. Otherwise it's all about the calories
  • alishali
    Options
    i understand now, thank you so much, that was really on my head and bugging me cos im trying to gain weight cos im anorexic and i was always scared of having too much carbs/sugar and fat so now i know its all about the calories so it doesnt matter if i go over my 'recommended' carbs amount!:)

also why does myfitness pal even give give 'recommended' amounts to you if it really doesnt matter how much you have? :/ i dont understand that.. hmmm
  • alishali
    Options
    i understand now, thank you so much, that was really on my head and bugging me cos im trying to gain weight cos im anorexic and i was always scared of having too much carbs/sugar and fat so now i know its all about the calories so it doesnt matter if i go over my 'recommended' carbs amount!:)

also why does myfitness pal even give give 'recommended' amounts to you if it really doesnt matter how much you have? :/ i dont understand that.. hmmm
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options

Because in the long run it is better to have a balanced diet. You can lose weight eating nothing but Twinkies but that doesn't mean is is good for you.