Funny NSV... but not to my Mom!

Options
I went to the gym (local YMCA) at 9am this morning to get in some treadmill time before Aquazumba with my Mom at 10:30. She got there early and decided to come find me in the fitness room. Keep in mind she sees me 3 or 4 days a week. I've lost about 75lbs since June, 2011.

It wasn't crowded, there were probably 10 people on 20 or so treadmills, including myself and my co-worker/workout buddy.

She walked in, looked around and started to walk right back out. I hit the e-stop on the machine and went after her. When she heard me call her name she turned and saw what I was wearing and said to me "My goodness, I saw you over there and didn't realize it was you, you've lost so much weight!" Seriously Mom? Your own daughter? You just saw me yesterday! You didn't even recognize the ponytail?

I love you Mom :)

Replies

• ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    this is a sweet and funny (and amazing) NSV! way to go :drinker:
  • mittens6395
    Options
    You know your effort and dedication are working when your own mother doesn't recognize you. Congrats!
  • kristinaw1967
    Options
    Great story! You know you look different when mom doesn't recognize you! lol
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    that is just awesome! lol :laugh:
  • scowil03xx
    scowil03xx Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me right after basic training. Dad was picking me up at the airport. Was the only Marine standing on the curb at 2 a.m. and he drove past me not once, not twice, but three times. He would have driven past a fourth until I stepped off the curb in front of the truck. Wish I would have had the sense to maintain that . Congrats on your success.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Aww! Sometimes we don't "see" changes even though we are seen frequently. It can take a while to notice the changes. Congrats on your weight loss!
  • cindygretz
    Options
    Same thing happened to me right after basic training. Dad was picking me up at the airport. Was the only Marine standing on the curb at 2 a.m. and he drove past me not once, not twice, but three times. He would have driven past a fourth until I stepped off the curb in front of the truck. Wish I would have had the sense to maintain that . Congrats on your success.

I think you are probably the only Marine I've ever heard call it 'basic' instead of 'boot camp'. My son was always very clear with me. The Army has basic, Mom, the Marines go to boot. LOL! I can totally relate to your Dad though. I went to my son's graduation at MCRD San Diego and couldn't believe the difference in him. Just the way he held himself was different.

Thanks everyone :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!