exercises to lose ladies apron

Options
hi everyone is there anyone on here that can help me ,im looking for an exercise to tighten what they called the ladies apron part of my body ,abs are begining to tighten but its the lower part thats lettting me down now,any suggestions please?:smile:

Replies

• ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    I'll be watching, too. I have the apron, too, but mine have all sorts of heavy tools dragging it down :sad:
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    I've got the same problem since having kids hope to get some answers
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Walking and pilates has helped mine. I had the fat apron before a hysto and it was even more pronounced after the bikini cut so it does work. Cardio, cardio, cardio to reduce that fat over the muscles and core work to strengthen and tone the muscles.
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It's a family trait at my house--we call it a BIF (Butt In Front) LOL. I've dealt with it for ever & would love to learn how to get rid of it.
  • Winged_Victory
    Options
    Can someone explain to me what this is? I tried googling it and just found information on where to buy or how to make aprons.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    HAHA! My wife called it the kangaroo pouch. She got rid of hers with lots and lots of cardio and core exercises like 30 second planks and bicycle crunches. Good luck ladies. It can be done.
  • McDougal416
    McDougal416 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing your talking about the lower abbs there below your belly button?? Yeah..I have the same problem. I'm doing the 30day shred, and Jillian has a crunch that she says will get rid of it. Lay on your back hands out to the sides by your hips. Raise your legs to where they are 90 degrees (bent at knee) and raise your hips/butt off the floor. Don't rock, it won't work that way. You'll feel it burn when you are doing it right. Hope this helps you ladies! Good Luck!
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    I've always been told that part of the body is last to firm up. I walk/run/jog and that's helping take inches off of mine. I also like doing reverse crunches - laying on couch or bed or floor and working my legs into my abs in a biking type motion, slowly. I feel my lower abs really tightening from that workout each day. Hope this helps.
  • supersecretsquirrel1877
    Options
    My "front butt" is slowing making a retreat with lots of cardio and I also do pilates. 3 c-sections and a mid-line hernia repair has left my abdomen a wreck then add in my years of terrible eating...
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    my "mother's apron" is, I think, catching up with my weight loss - but Im also looking for help to get rid of it - but there's no muscles in there, so I don't think exercise is going to help much
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I have done tons of different exercise programs, and have found that the thing that made the biggest difference was running.......once I started running it started to melt away. I will never have a flat stomach (6 kids kinda do that to you) but I no longer have a flabby pouch. This was my biggest annoyance! Good Luck!
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    I use my 6 second abs and can see my toning up... there is a lower ab crunch you can do sitting in chair with the resistance the ab things provides I always feel a burn within 5-6 crunches push out 8 and wow yeah those muscle continue to burn for hours. I'm not where I want to be but mine was so pronounced from having two c-sections I was told I would never firm that up without some kind of surgery...I'm hoping they were wrong
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have done tons of different exercise programs, and have found that the thing that made the biggest difference was running.......once I started running it started to melt away. I will never have a flat stomach (6 kids kinda do that to you) but I no longer have a flabby pouch. This was my biggest annoyance! Good Luck!

I noticed when I started running that my pouch is finally shrinking too! I never would have thought.
    I still have my pouch, but its getting better. I do running and a pilates/yoga hybrid work out right now and this is the first time I have noticed a change.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Zumba has helped me. Mine isn't gone, but it is a lot smaller. I have also done some core work through KettleWorx. I definitely know the day after that I have done the core DVD.

Hope this is helpful!
  • missjeannemarie
    Options
    What a lovely phrase "Ladies Apron" - I haven't heard that one before - love it!! I do have one and found that doing crunches on my exercise ball helps a lot and the reverse crunches where you lie on your back and bend your knees at 90 degrees and lift from your hips, plus I believe any kind of cardio will reduce the fat. It's nice to here other people are struggling with it too!! Great post and replies !!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    i have lost weight in the past (gastric bypass) and got down to size 14 -from 32, and it didnt go away, but i made a terrible mistake when i lost it, and didnt work out so had the awful apron, i hate it, its disgusting, annoys my husband, etc...
    so i too am focusing on the reduction of it .
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    there isnt a magic exercise that can "spot reduce".. You will need to concentrate on your diet and get in a coloric deficit. Planks, hanging leg raises, reverse crunches will help in strengthen your midsection and lower abs, add a little resistance and keep the rep ranges between 12-15
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    The only thing you can do is lower your overall body fat percentage. There are tons of exercises you can do to work the muscles there but if they're still hidden under the fat you won't be able to tell the difference. Eat at a moderate deficit and lift weights, that's the best way to lose fat.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Speed Walking daily 5K's made a huge difference for mine, just waiting on winter/snow be gone so I can start up again!
  • deb62pink
    deb62pink Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it will just go when all the fat is gone from that area, I have good abs underneath the fat, but that little "elephant flap" is still there but getting smaller....It's all fat so no amount of exercise will tighten it up, but of course it will help to lose the weight, just have to lose the weight...