Wii fit Plus vs EA Sports Active 2?

Options
Hi there :)
I am currently using the wii fit plus & balance board in order to try and loose weight. I find it quite good but it becomes repetitive.
I've heard about EA Sports Active 2 but I was wondering which you guys think is better and why?
How much weight have you lost on it?

Replies

• fitnessfortash
    Options
    bump xD
  • fitnessfortash
    Options
    bump
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    EA is way better.

The strength exercises were more engaging and it was more personalized. It takes a minute to learn the movements to cooperate with the sensors, but overall, it's much better. I have Wii Fit Plus and use it on occasion, but I never took to using it for a serious program where I have completed EA (the original, the expansion, and 2) many times. I definitely saw results with the EA.
  • fitnessfortash
    Options
    EA is way better.

The strength exercises were more engaging and it was more personalized. It takes a minute to learn the movements to cooperate with the sensors, but overall, it's much better. I have Wii Fit Plus and use it on occasion, but I never took to using it for a serious program where I have completed EA (the original, the expansion, and 2) many times. I definitely saw results with the EA.
    Oh that sounds great, thank you :D I think I will definetly have to try EA
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of so I went to site and sounds like you can't use this anymore. http://www.ea.com/ea-sports-active-2
  • CamillaBeaumont
    CamillaBeaumont Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    EA Sports Active 2 has much better options, esp for cardio. I did the 9 week program to start, then set up my own work outs that I still do a year later. I like the Wii Fit Plus, do lots of the balance games with my kids, but the EA is more of a work out for me.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Oh that sounds great, thank you :D I think I will definetly have to try EA

No problem! Just make sure you use good gear for your feet. There are a lot of jumping exercises and a lot of pressure on your feet.
  • joek5637
    joek5637 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ive used both an I found that the ea sports active is more intense an you have more choices the only bad thing they took down the servers so you can no longer get online with it but all in all it is a great program
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Also consider Wii My Fitness Coach by Ubisoft. I use it at least 2 x weekly, along with running and weights. I noted a big improvement in my body when I changed to it from EA Sports active 2.

http://www.amazon.com/My-Fitness-Coach-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B001H0RZX2
  • fitnessfortash
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys :)
  • gareth2274
    Options
    I've just switched from using WFP to Active 2. Its trying to kill me at the moment but I'm sure it'll get easier, well, I hope so. Whoever invented footfires is evil beyond belief
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    That b*tch - I mean trainer - in Active 2 kicks my butt. She's evil. Way better workout than Wii fit plus.