50 lb lost...??

JasMikkol89
JasMikkol89 Posts: 77 Member
Hey everyone i am just curious how long it took you to lose 50 lb. I really need to lose 50 lb by august 2013. I am 220 currently and want to get down to 180 by my birthday in the beginning of august. Thanks

Replies

• kazitykaz
    kazitykaz Posts: 87 Member
    Isn't 220 - 180 40lb? Have less weight to lose than you thought :-). When I started I had 31lb to lose and lost 10lb in 9 weeks. There's 22 weeks until August, so if you lose 2 lb per week you'll reach your goal. Although my average is 1lb per week. Even if you don't reach your goal by August you will reach it at a later date. Don't set targets that aren't possible to reach otherwise you may get disheartened. Also if you're exercising perhaps set your goal on inches/clothes size rather than weight. Good luck with your weight loss journey :-).
  • Hiskhaleesi
    Hiskhaleesi Posts: 53 Member
    Putting yourself on a timeline like that is a recipe for failure. Either you will crash diet and lose the weight that fast and possibly gain it back, or you won't lose it and you;ll feel guilty. Just watch what you eat and excersize, and it will come off. I've lost close to 30 pounds in a little over 2 months.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!